This article explains how to:
- configure triPOS as a payment gateway in Lightspeed Retail.
- set up an EMV-enabled Ingenico iPP320 payment terminal for use with triPOS.
The main setup steps involved are:
- Obtaining your triPOS credentials from Vantiv
- Connecting the Ingenico iPP320 terminal to your network
- Setting Vantiv triPOS as the payment gateway in Lightspeed Retail
- Adding the Ingenico iPP320 as the payment terminal in Lightspeed Retail
NOTE: Click here for instructions on how to set up the Ingenico iPP320 payment terminal for use with triPOS on the Lightspeed Retail POS app.
Before you begin
Before setting up your payment processing with triPOS' Ingenico iPP320, please gather the following box contents and note the following gateway features:
Out of the box
- your Ingenico iPP320 terminal
- its connection cable
- its power adapter
- 3 screws (optional)
- You must set up a triPOS account for your business with Vantiv.
- Manually entering a customer's credit card is possible during a transaction via the Ingenico iPP320. For more information, please see our Manually processing credit cards with triPOS' Ingenico iPP320 article.
- If your customer's card has insufficient credit or funds to cover a payment, Lightspeed Retail will partially approve the payment and charge the maximum available amount on the card if Allow Partial Approvals is enabled in your triPOS payment gateway settings. For more information, please see our Making a sale with triPOS article.
- Removing a triPOS payment from an in progress sale will void it and refund your customer's debit or credit card. However, voiding a completed triPOS sale will delete the sale and its associated payment from your reporting but it won't officially refund your customer's debit or credit card. To return items to inventory and officially refund your customer's card, we recommend refunding the triPOS sale instead of voiding it.
To configure triPOS as a payment gateway in Lightspeed Retail, you need to obtain your triPOS credentials from Vantiv. Your credentials are located in the Set-Up Sheet in your MercuryView portal. If you have trouble accessing this information, please contact Vantiv.
- Acceptor ID
- Account ID
- Account Token
2. Connecting the Ingenico iPP320 terminal to your network
To ensure that your terminal is successfully connected to your network and powered on, you'll need to assemble your terminal, connect it to your network's router and plug it in a power outlet.
- Place your iPP320 terminal face down in front of you.
- Connect the HDMI end of its connection cable to the HMDI port at the top of the terminal.
- Optionally, screw in 2 screws to secure the connection cable and 1 screw to secure the back cover of the terminal.
- Connect the ethernet end of the connection cable to an ethernet port on your network's router.
- Connect one end of the power adapter to the connection cable and the other end to a power outlet.
- After a few seconds, the terminal automatically powers on and an Activation Code displays on it's white idle screen.
If you have any more questions regarding connecting your terminal to your network, please contact Vantiv for further hardware assistance.
- Open your browser (Firefox or Chrome).
- Sign in to your Retail account.
- From the main menu, click Settings > Payment Processing.
- Click + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway drop-down, select Vantiv triPOS. The options for the gateway type display.
- Under Gateway Credentials, enter the triPOS credentials you received from Vantiv:
- Acceptor ID
- Account ID
- Account Token
- If you have a multi-store account, under Select Shops, select all the shops that you want to apply the gateway to.
- Under Security Options, enable Allow Credits if you want to be able to make a refund to a credit or debit card if a customer doesn't have a sales invoice.
NOTE: When you do this type of refund, you must swipe the card for the refund to take effect. Manually entering credit or debit card numbers isn't supported.
- Under Allow Partial Approvals, enable Allow Partial Approvals if you want to be able to partially approve a payment and charge the maximum available amount if your customer's card has insufficient credit or funds to cover the full payment.
- Under Credit Card Payment Mapping, for each of the credit and debit card types, select how the corresponding card type will appear on sales receipts and sales reports. For example, if you created a custom Visa payment type, selecting it from the Visa list will mark all Visa sales as Visa. If you want to change the names for cards in Credit Card Payment Mapping, you have to have set up the credit card payment type in Settings > Payment Types, so the Credit/Debit button appears in Lightspeed Retail.
- Click Save.
Lightspeed Retail is designed to save all the terminals that you've added to your Vantiv triPOS gateway in a shared list between your computers and iPads. This facilitates terminal setups in the future if you use Lightspeed Retail on multiple devices. If terminals are removed from your Lightspeed Retail account using your computers or the Retail Manager mode on your iPads, the list is updated on all your devices.
To add the Ingenico iPP320 terminal:
- From the main menu of your Retail account, click Settings > Payment Processing.
- From the Vantiv triPOS gateway you added in the previous step, click + Add a Payment Terminal. The options for the terminal display.
- Enter a name for the terminal.
- Enter the Activation Code displayed on the terminal's white idle screen.
- Optionally, enter the terminal's Terminal ID that you received from Vantiv.
- Click Save.
You're now ready to process payments through triPOS!
Along with paying for a sale with a credit or debit card, the Vantiv triPOS gateway supports many other payment features. We recommend you explore the articles below to familiarize yourself with them:
- To do a test transaction and learn how to view your payment details, see our Configuring payment processing article.
- To learn how to manually process credit cards with triPOS, click here.
- To learn how to process refunds and exchanges, click here.
- To learn how to add deposits, refund deposits and make payments to customer accounts, click here.