Customize labels with additional information like brands, vendors, or MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) and print custom labels faster and easier with Lightspeed Hub and Label editor in Retail POS.
Customizing labels with Label editor
Customizing your labels with Label editor allows you the flexibility to rotate information, change the layout of your label, and create 25 customized label templates. Suggested templates are also available as a starting point.
To customize your labels with Label editor:
- From the main menu, go to Settings > Labels.
- Click on Create label.
- Choose your label size and click Create label.
- On this page, you can name your label template and edit it. Several options are available to customize your labels:
- Start from a suggested template
- Size, drag, and drop information, rotate and align text
- Add or remove additional information on your labels using the checkboxes
Small, alternative, and jewelry (butterfly) size labels are compatible with Compact, Essential, or Centered templates.
- Once satisfied with your label template, click Saves changes.
- Once saved, you will see your list of templates and a button to create a new one.
- To print your labels using your new template, from the main menu, click Inventory > Print labels and click the printer icon next to the item you want to print labels for.
- Select your label template from the dropdown and click Print.
Configuring advanced settings for custom labels
You can customize your labels in Hub by configuring the Advanced settings in your print modal. Customizing your labels can help you identify items more easily than solely relying on the Retail POS System ID number for the item, which prints on labels by default.
To configure advanced settings and customize your labels:
- Print a label or label queue.
- In the print modal, select Advanced settings.
- Select a Barcode type:
- System ID (default)
- Custom SKU
- Manufacturer SKU
If an item in a label queue doesn't have information entered for the barcode type you select, Hub prints the System ID (default) for its barcode instead.
Hub prints Custom SKU and Manufacturer SKU as a value (not a barcode) for small and jewelry-sized labels. To include a barcode, select System ID. To scan the barcode for small and jewelry-sized labels, go to Settings > General Options > Printing > Scan small labels checkbox.
- Select a Barcode display option:
- Barcode and numbers
- Numbers, letters and special characters
- Barcode only
- To display the price of items on your labels, select the Price checkbox. Deselecting it removes the price of items from your labels.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Additional information you want to print on your labels:
- None (Default)
- Vendor ID
- Custom SKU
- Manufacturer SKU
- Today's date
- Matrix attributes
If you are printing a label queue and at least one of the additional information fields is filled on an item part of your queue, the option will be available on the dropdown menu. For the items that do not have the field filled, no information will print.
If you want the MSRP of an item set as the default for your labels instead, go to Settings > Locations > Customize and select Show MSRP. This setting only applies to the location you selected. Repeat steps for other locations, if needed. The MSRP will only print on your labels if it's less than the value of the default price of your item.
- Select Print.
Your printer now prints your custom labels.
Additional label customization
Outside of Advanced settings in Hub, you or your developer can customize the print template of your labels under Settings > Print templates. To use this print template, you need to set up your label printer to rely on your web browser's print setting instead of Hub.
Since browser updates can affect these print settings, we recommend customizing your labels with Hub. Hub isn't affected by browser updates and offers more stability.
Undoing label customizations
To revert your Advanced settings to default, click Reset in the print modal. This will revert:
- Barcode type to System ID
- Barcode display option to Barcode and numbers
- Price checkbox to selected
The Reset button is only visible if you've configured at least one of the advanced settings.