You can sell a new gift card or recharge an existing gift card by adding it to a sale.
To sell or recharge a gift card:
- From the main menu in Retail POS, select Sales > New sale.
- Select Gift card.
- Select or enter the amount you want to add to the gift card.
- If you're selling a new gift card, scan or enter a gift card code. Alternatively, leave the Gift card code field empty to let Retail POS generate a new, unique gift card code automatically. If there are no matches, you'll see Create next to the Gift card results field.
- If you want to recharge an existing gift card, scan or enter the gift card code. Optionally, enter the recipient's email address. You'll see the customer name populate next to Recharge.
- If you entered an email address, select the recipient's preferred language.
- Select Add to sale.
- Finish the sale as you typically would.
The amount is now officially added to the gift card. An email that includes the gift card code and the amount is also sent to the recipient if you entered their email address during checkout.