The Epson TM-T88V receipt printer can connect to your computer with a USB cable. As for the Epson TM-T88VI receipt printer, it can connect to your computer or iPad in two different ways:
|USB||Connects directly to your computer with a USB cable. Connecting to your iPad is not supported at this time.|
Connects directly to your network with a LAN cable. Your computer or iPad then connects to your printer through your network.
This article will cover how to connect either your Epson TM-T88V or TM-T88VI printer to your computer with a USB cable, which involves the following steps:
- Connecting your printer
- Inserting a paper roll
- Connecting your printer to Hub
- Printing a test receipt
What you need
To set up your printer, you first need to install Lightspeed Hub on your computer. Lightspeed Hub is a desktop application that helps you to set up your hardware in fewer steps and guides you through the process. It also connects directly to Lightspeed Retail POS, bringing you a reliable connection to your hardware throughout your business day.
Second, you need the following from your hardware shipment:
|Epson TM-T88V or TM-T88VI receipt printer|
|AC adapter and AC cable|
To connect your printer, you need its AC adapter, AC cable and USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable to your printer and computer.
- Connect the AC adapter to your printer.
- Connect the AC cable to the AC adapter and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer.
The power LED light will be solid once your printer is ready.
2. Insert a paper roll
- To open the printer's cover, push the button on the right-hand side of the cover away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the following orientation. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unroll.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap it shut.
- On your computer, open Lightspeed Hub.
- Under Receipt printer, select Connect.
Note: You can only connect one printer to Hub at a time. To connect a new printer, select Forget this device to disconnect the printer that's currently connected.
- Select USB.
- Select Search for printer. Your printer will display in the list as Ready. If not, make sure it's connected to your computer and a power source correctly.
- Select Connect next to your printer.
Note: Note sure which is your printer? Select Print test print next to your printer. Otherwise, match the serial number included on the right-hand side of the printer and to the one listed in Hub.
Your printer will now display as Ready in Hub and Retail POS.
4. Print a test receipt
The fastest way to print a test receipt is under Settings > Locations. Alternatively, you can print the receipt of a completed sale from the Totals report. If you don't have access to settings or reports, you can print a test receipt by making a sale and voiding it afterwards (or asking a manager to).
- In Retail POS, go to Settings > Locations.
- Select Customize next to your location.
- In the submenu, select Receipt Setup.
- Select Print Preview.
Your printer will now print a test receipt, confirming it's connected to Retail POS and ready to use.
Have a cash drawer? Learn how to connect it to your receipt printer.