- From the main menu, click Service > New Work Order.
- Enter your customer's details and depending if they are a new or existing customer, do the following:
- New Customer: click the Create New Customer button.
- Existing Customer: in the POSSIBLE MATCHES section, click the customer's name.
NOTE: You can create custom work order statuses to best represent the workflow of your service department.
- Inventory item: in the Item field, enter the item description, click the Search button, and click the Select button to the left of the item.
- Miscellaneous charge: click the Misc. button, fill in the fields in the Add Miscellaneous charge section, and click Save.
- Labor charges: click the Labor button, fill in the fields in the Add Labor Charge section, and click Save.
NOTE: From the main menu, click Settings > Shop Setup > the Shop Name to change the shop's default labor charge service rate in the Service Rate ($/hour) field.
- To print a tag: click Print Tag to have a paper reference linking the item to the work order.
- To print the estimate: from the Status dropdown, select Estimate and click Print Tag.
- To print the quote: click Print Quote.
- To email the quote: click Send As Email, enter the customer's email address and a custom message if required, and click Send Email Work Order.
- To checkout the work order: click the green Checkout button and complete the work order.
Adding images to a work order
You can upload images to a work order for purposes that are important to your industry. An example would be uploading before and after images for liability purposes which are important in the jewelry industry and other similar high-end repair industries.
Requirements and optimal choices for work order image files:
- Image quantity: up to 12 images.
- Image size: 650x650 pixels as other resolutions will be scaled to fit.
- File type: .jpeg or .jpg as they will upload and load the quickest.
- File size: 8mb as anything larger will fail.
- File name: only use letters and numbers, no special characters.
- Browser: use Firefox or Chrome.
To upload, view, and manage your images:
- Click the + Add Images button.
- To upload your images, you can either:
- Drag and drop the files.
- Click the blue Browse button to locate the files on your computer.
- Grid view: as shown above, you can see the thumbnails of all your items, browse or drag and drop more image files, or click on specific image to enter its Slideshow view. You can also click and drag images to change their order.
- Slideshow: you can navigate left and right between images using the arrows. You can also click the Delete Image button to remove an image or Mark as Featured to make it the featured image.
NOTE: You can right click or drag and drop the images to save the files on your computer.
You can add up to 12 images per work order and upload a total of 25,000 images or 100 GB of image data to your account, whichever limit is reached first. Once you've reached 75% of either of these two limits, you will be notified in the image upload section of your work order.
NOTE: To upgrade your image upload limit, contact our Support team to add the necessary module.