This article describes how to set up a card reader for use with Lightspeed Retail POS for the purpose of processing credit card payments.
NOTE: Due to how they are encrypted, card swipers must be purchased directly from your payment gateway/processor. Contact your payment gateway/processor directly to inquire whether or not they support magnetic strip card swipers.
Set up includes the following:
- Before connecting your card reader, you must integrate payment processing within Manager mode (see About POS and Manager modes).
- Connect the card reader to your iPad as follows:
- MagTek iDynamo: Insert the card reader into your iPad's dock connector.
- MagTek uDynamo/ID TECH Shuttle: Insert the card reader into your iPad's headphone jack.
NOTE: The Magtek uDynamo is not compatible with the iPad Pro.
Tap the Card Reader icon from the main menu.
NOTE: If a payment terminal is currently enabled in the device settings, a payment terminal icon appears instead.
In the Card Reader settings screen, select your card reader.
- Ensure that the card reader status icon in the main menu is green (see Hardware Status).