For some users, a recent software update has caused the P400+ payment terminal to frequently disconnect from the Retail POS iPad app.
While we work to resolve the issue, you can resolve your terminal's connection instability by unpairing the terminal through the Manager interface, then re-pairing the terminal through the POS interface.
Unpairing the terminal through the Manager interface
To remove the affected terminal:
- From the profile screen, tap the Manager tab.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Payment Processing.
- Tap Configure.
- Under Shops, click the delete icon next to the terminal that is disconnecting.
- Tap Unpair.
- Tap Done in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
This will remove the terminal from your account. You will then need to re-pair the terminal, but it is very important that you do so through the POS interface.
Pairing the terminal through the POS interface
Return to the profile screen by tapping the name of the current user.
Then, pair your terminal:
- On the profile screen, tap Payment terminal.
- Tap Add a payment terminal.
- Enter a Name for the terminal. This can be whatever you like (ex: Main Register, Service Counter, etc).
- Tap Add.
- Generate an activation code for the terminal by entering 07139 on the terminal's number pad. The activation code will appear on the terminal's screen.
- Enter the activation code exactly as it appears on the terminal, including hyphens (dashes).
- Tap Done.
- The app will confirm that the payment terminal has been successfully paired. Tap Done.
- The terminal's name and status will be displayed. Tap Done.
The terminal's name and status will then be visible on the profile screen.
Your terminal will now maintain connectivity.