The Zebra CS6080 barcode scanner connects to your iPad via Bluetooth and allows you to scan your items wirelessly. It's compatible with 1D and 2D barcodes.
Setting up the Zebra CS6080 barcode scanner involves:
What you'll need
Once your barcode scanner arrives in the mail, you'll need the take out the following from the box it comes in to set it up:
- Zebra CS6080 barcode scanner
- Battery (pre-inserted)
- Micro USB cable
- Charging pad (Qi type)
Zebra's CS6080 Quick Start Guide and CS6080 Scanner Product Reference Guide are also helpful to have on hand in your shop if you want a paper copy of the Zebra barcodes included in the Help articles. You can refer to it for more in-depth information about the CS6080 barcode scanner as well.
Before you begin
Before using your barcode scanner in your shop for the first time, fully charge its battery.
- Connect one end of the micro USB cable to the micro USB port of the charging pad.
- Connect the other end of the micro USB cable to a power source. We recommend using a port at the back or bottom of your receipt printer or your iPad's charging block.
- Place your barcode scanner on top of the charging pad.
To indicate that it's charging, the battery indicator LED at the top of the barcode scanner blinks amber. Once it's fully charged, the LED turns solid green. If you pick up the scanner from the charging pad and press and hold the scan button (...) for three seconds, the LED will also be solid green.
1. Pair your barcode scanner with your iPad
- Press the scan button (...) to power on your barcode scanner.
- By default, your barcode scanner is set to HID keyboard mode. To use your barcode scanner and keyboard at the same time in the Retail POS app, you need to set it to Bluetooth MFi_SSI mode. To do so, scan the barcode below directly from your iPad's screen. The barcode scanner will beep and its Bluetooth LED light will start blinking blue.
- On your iPad, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth panel, enable the Bluetooth switch.
- Under OTHER DEVICES, tap your barcode scanner. Once the pairing process is complete, your barcode scanner displays as Connected under MY DEVICES. Its Bluetooth LED light also becomes solid blue.
2. Test your barcode scanner
Now that your barcode scanner is paired to your iPad, test it by scanning an item in the Retail POS app.
- Open the Retail POS app. Your barcode scanner will display as connected at the top of the screen. It'll also be listed on the Profile screen under Devices.
- From the Profile screen, tap New Sale.
- Scan an item that you have in your inventory. If you don't have item in your inventory, create one on the fly. To do so, tap + > Create New Item. Then, enter a default price, scan the item's barcode into one of the IDs fields and tap Create. To be absolutely sure your barcode scanner is working, scan the item again after creating it.
Note: If you're part of our RACS initiative, scan the barcode below. An item called "Lightspeed Test T-Shirt" will appear.
You should now be able to scan items with your barcode scanner.
If the above setup doesn't work, please see Troubleshooting the Zebra CS6080 barcode scanner.