Once you have completed the preparation of your Retail items, you are ready to create your Lightspeed eCom store. A Retail account with eCom can publish up to 15,000 items to eCom and a maximum of 100 variants per matrix. These variants count towards the 15,000 items maximum. Once in eCom, their online visibility is set to hidden by default. Your eCom subscription controls how many of them you can make visible.
For more information on managing the visibility of your products in eCom, click here.
Converting your eCom demo to a full account
If you haven't purchased a full eCom account yet, all Retail accounts are able to create a demo eCom account. To convert it to a full eCom account, please email email@example.com or your Sales Account Manager. Alternatively, you can contact eCom Support as they can coordinate a phone transfer or a callback request.
Installing your eCom store
Follow these steps when installing your eCom store. If you have difficulty, see Reviewing your Retail account settings to install your eCom store.
From your Retail account's main menu, click eCom.
- Review the information displayed on the page and click Install Lightspeed eCom if everything appears correct.
NOTE: If you selected the Decide later which items to publish option, click here for more information on manually publishing and deleting your items from eCom.
Step 1: Click eCom
Step 2: Click Install Lightspeed eCom
If you're having difficulty starting your eCom installation process, review and adjust the following:
- Your Retail permissions of your Retail account by identifying your employee role in Settings > Employee Setup. If your role has the permissions necessary, you can modify a role's permissions under Settings > Employee Roles. Any role with the following permissions will be able to install Lightspeed eCom:
- eCom - Basic
- Settings - Basic
- Settings - Setup Shops
- Settings - Employee Setup
For more information on how to adjust permissions, visit: Configuring employee roles.
- Your Retail tax model in your Retail account under Settings > General Options.
- The email located in your Retail account under Settings > Shop Setup > the store your eCom inventory will synchronize with > Email 1 as it will be used for your eCom store.
NOTE: Once installed, you will need to contact our eCom Support team to change your tax model or email. They can change your email with little impact however changing your tax model will require them to delete your eCom store and start a new one.
- Your company information under Settings > Shop Setup > the store your eCom inventory will synchronize with. The below fields in your Retail account will be pushed to the Settings > Company, Settings > Account and Settings > Billing Information sections in your eCom store:
- Address (Line 1 and 2)
- Region/Province/State (Region is not required if you're located in Europe.)
- Zip Code/Postal Code/Postcode
- Email 1
- Company registration number (if available)
- VAT Number (if available)
NOTE: The Region/Province/State and Country fields need to be valid or use the standard international codes. For example, a valid Province name would be Quebec or QC.
- Your Retail logo in Settings > Branding as any changes to it will be pushed to your eCom invoices and automatic emails after installing.
NOTE: This Retail logo setting will not affect your eCom storefront. The logo in your eCom storefront is managed from your design theme's custom settings. For more information, click here.
- Learn how to log into your eCom back office