To create a layaway
- From the main menu, click Sales > Layaway and attach a customer to the sale.
- Search for the item you want to layaway.
- Click the Layaway button. The item is moved to layaway and you can access it any time from the main menu by clicking Sales > Layaway.
To put items on layaway during a sale
- If you've added items to a sale and want to put all of them on layaway, in the sale, under all the items click Layaway All.
If you want to select items from the sale to put on layaway, in the sale click the item and from the Move To drop-down select Layaway.
- When you've added all the items to the layaway, click Payment.
- Click Finish Sale.
To add payments or deposits to a layaway
- Search for a customer's layaways by barcode or customer name.
- If the customer has a receipt or an account deposit receipt, scan the barcode on the receipt into the Item field.
- Associate a new sale with the customer. The number of items they have on layaway is displayed at the top of the page.
- Click the Layaway button to see the items on layaway.
- Click Payment.
- The payment screen displays the total the customer has on deposit in their account.
- Click Add Deposit or Make Payment and enter the amount.
- Choose the payment type and click OK.
- Click Finish Sale. Provide the customer with their receipt.