The receipt printer included in your desktop bundle is the Epson TM-m30. With it, you'll also find a test paper roll and a box of 10 full paper rolls. This allows you to connect your printer and test it right away. You can connect your printer to your computer in two different ways:
|USB||Connects directly to your computer with a USB cable.|
|LAN||Connects directly to your network with a LAN cable. Your computer then connects to your printer through your network.|
To get started, we recommend connecting your printer to your computer with a USB connection rather than a LAN connection. The setup is simpler if it meets the needs of your checkout counter and in-store experience. Setting up your printer using a USB connection involves the following steps:
What you need
To set up your printer, you first need to install Lightspeed Hub on your computer. Lightspeed Hub is a desktop application that helps you to set up your hardware in fewer steps and guides you through the process. It also connects directly to Lightspeed Retail POS, bringing you a reliable connection to your hardware throughout your business day.
Second, you need the following from your desktop bundle:
|Epson TM-m30 receipt printer|
|AC adapter and AC cable|
1. Connect your printer
To connect your printer, you need its AC adapter, AC cable and USB cable.
- Remove the back and bottom covers of your printer.
- Connect the USB cable to your printer and computer.
- Connect the AC adapter to your printer.
- Connect the AC cable to the AC adapter and an electrical outlet.
- Attach the bottom and back covers to your printer.
- Turn on your printer.
The power LED light will stop blinking and become solid once your printer is ready.
2. Insert a paper roll
- To open the printer's cover, push the lever on the right-hand side of the cover away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the following orientation. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unroll.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
3. Connect your printer to Hub
- On your computer, open Lightspeed Hub.
- Under Receipt printer, select Connect.
Note: You can only connect one printer to Hub at a time. To connect a new printer, select Forget this device to disconnect the printer that's currently connected.
- Select USB.
- Select Search for printer. Your printer will display in the list as Ready. If not, make sure it's connected to your computer and a power source correctly.
- Select Connect next to your printer.
Note: Note sure which is your printer? Select Print test print next to your printer. Otherwise, you can remove the back cover to see its serial number and match it to the one listed in Hub.
Your printer will now display as Ready in both Hub and Retail POS.