Most of the time, the reason for any trouble with your Verifone MX 915/925 terminal will be related to communication issues between the terminal and your Firefox or Chrome browser. There are a few quick things you can check to resolve the issue on your own.
- in your Retail account, go to Settings > Payment Processing.
- Click the name of your Credit Card Terminal under the correct gateway.
- Click Test Connection.
If the connection test fails, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- The terminal's IP address is incorrect.
- The Cayan certificate is not successfully installed in your Firefox or Chrome browser.
For instructions on how to meet the above criteria, please see our Setting up payment processing with Cayan's Verifone MX 915/925 terminal help article.
Once you've confirmed a failed connection test with your terminal, follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- From the terminal's Genius by Cayan idle screen, enter 000 on the device's keypad.
- Enter the password 9416557.
- Record the IP address.
- To return to the Genius by Cayan idle screen, press the red X (cancel) button.
- From your Firefox or Chrome browser, open a new tab.
- In the new tab, copy and paste the following URL: https://IPADDRESSHERE:8443/v2/pos?Action=Status&Format=JSON
- Replace the IPADDRESSHERE portion of the URL with the terminal's IP address.
- On your computer's keyboard, press Enter. If successful, you will be greeted with the following message:
NOTE: If you are greeted with one of the below messages, click on the one that applies to you for additional troubleshooting steps:
- From your Retail account, go to Settings > Payment Processing.
- Click on the name of the Terminal under the gateway you are testing.
- Make sure the IP address listed here matches the IP address recorded in step 3.
- Click Test Connection.
If successful, you terminal's status will be CONNECTED.
If you're getting this message, you need to add a certificate for your terminal's specific IP address.
- Click Advanced. This will open a hidden drop-down menu.
- Click Proceed to IP Address (unsafe).
If successful, you will be greeted with the following message:
If you're getting this message, you need to make your router trust your terminal's specific IP address.
- From your Firefox browser, open a new tab.
- In the new tab, type about:support in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard.
- On the top right corner, click the Refresh Firefox... button.
- From the pop-up window, click Refresh Firefox. This will restart your Firefox browser.
- From the Import Wizard window, click Done.
- Once your Firefox has restarted, repeat steps 1-12 of the Troubleshooting section.