As a store owner, you will have access to both Retail POS and the eCom (E-Series) dashboard by default. You will, however, need to manually set up and configure employee profiles, depending on whether they need Retail-only access, eCom-only access, or access to both Retail and eCom.
Retail POS and eCom (E-Series) access
Employees that need access to both Retail POS and eCom (E-Series) must have the eCom permission enabled. Then, employees can select E-Series from the Retail drop-down to switch to the eCom (E-Series) dashboard.
To edit or add employees with access to both eCom (E-Series) and Retail POS, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Retail POS.
- Select Settings > Employee Setup.
- If the employee already has a profile, click to open their employee details. If you want to create a new profile, click +New Employee, and enter your employee’s first and last name.
- Click to open the Role drop-down and select a role that has the eCom permission.
- Click Save Changes.
For instructions on adding employees to Retail POS, view our Adding employees article on the Retail POS Help Center.
Retail-only employee profiles must be created in Retail POS with Associate login permissions.
If you want to give an employee access to your online store only, create an employee profile in your eCom (E-Series) dashboard.
- Sign in to Retail POS and select eCom (E-Series) from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’re on the eCom (E-Series) dashboard, select My Profile > Staff Accounts.
- In the Add new staff members section, click Add Staff Member.
- Enter their email address and click Send Invite.
For additional instructions on adding employees to eCom (E-Series), see the Adding and removing staff accounts article on the eCom (E-Series) Help Center.