Lightspeed Retail POS (Web)
Update: We enhanced our API in the following ways:
- Managed sales now include tips, if tipping is enabled in the account.
- Users can now create custom price levels by duplicating an existing price level and renaming it.
- Employees can be created through the API, along with the relevant basic information.
- Custom matrix attribute sets can be created using the API.
Bug fix: Lightspeed Retail POS (iOS) app version 3.11.2 removes the need to update the application. This update resolves the following:
- The need to scan items into transfers.
- Purchase orders or inventory counts are not automatically added to transfers when using MFi-enabled scanners on iPads.
Bug fix: For Lightspeed Hub, we resolved the following issues:
- The saving state of the price selection in the advanced label printing modal.
- The description row was missing for small labels.
- The application froze when printing a receipt on an Epson printer while asleep.
- Inventory special orders weren't sorting by status chronologically.
- Creating new items with vendor selection “none” allowed for adding a vendor.
- Adding bulk items via transfer based on reorder only added items in stock, which prevented inter-store transfers from causing negative inventory when using the auto-reorder option.
Bug fix: For reports, we resolved the following issues:
- The received report and end of day report’s payment type totals did not match and were rounding up received payment types by 1 cent.
- Voided sales showed as “in progress” in the sales history report.
- Inventory returned report reported on the incorrect date.
- Inventory asset report incorrectly displayed default price and margin as 0 in tax-inclusive accounts.
- Inventory asset report could not be opened on some tax-inclusive accounts.
Bug fix: We resolved the 100 location limitation on discount rules.
Bug fix: We resolved the intermittent issue of users having to log in twice.
Bug fix: We resolved the issue of tax-inclusive or retail accounts resulting in non-zero tax amount product rewards.
Update: You can now add multiple shops under the same domain name by using different subdomains without having to contact support.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue where newsletter double opt-in links were displaying the “.shoplightspeed” URLs.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue to make sure brands are now consistently displayed on the home page for themes with a featured brand selection.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue that prevented shop activity emails from going out.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue that prevented currency rates from upgrading hourly.
Bug fix: Pop-ups can now be closed while editing a theme. We sent these instructions to theme/app developers so that they can make pop-ups/overlays clickable inside the theme editor.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue where products with certain identifiers caused an error when opening the product page.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue for content templates where image assets loaded via an external URL didn’t display in the PDF for invoices, quotes/offers, and the package slips template.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue to ensure a correct shipping address when using the digital wallet as a payment method.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue to ensure Lightspeed Payments is available to all merchants that have selected this payment method.
Bug fix: We resolved an issue to correct Facebook login.
Bug Fix: We resolved an issue where matrices imported to Retail occasionally appeared as different items in eCom.
Update: Merchants can now choose the length of their time away campaigns.
Update: We improved our customer import process for new merchants who join Lightspeed Loyalty. The following are some of the improvements:
- Removed non-numeric characters from the country code and phone number.
- Leading country codes are added to the phone number only if they are not already part of the phone number.
- Negative points are set to 0.
- Duplicate email addresses, phone numbers, or gift cards are identified for resolution.
Bug fix: We fixed an issue with the number of emails delivered when using the email marketing feature.
Bug fix: We fixed an issue with points multipliers for VIPs not showing correctly in the web app if the multiplier is not a whole number.
Want to see the release notes for other Lightspeed products?
Please see the Release Notes and Changelogs page on our Lightspeed website.