You can set up a Yoximo (mobile) payment terminal that runs a software version 14.06.00 or later to be used with Worldline payment processing on your iPad, provided you are using the Lightspeed Retail POS app.
Note: To check the software version of your terminal, power it on and press STOP (the red button at the bottom left) > 5 > Password > 5.
Yoximo terminals connect to your iPad via WLAN:
|WLAN||Wireless Local Area Network: the terminal will be connected to your network via wi-fi. Provided your iPad and your terminal are under the same network, they will connect to each other via wi-fi as well.|
Note: If you purchased your Yoximo payment terminal from a different supplier (other than Wordline itself), please contact Worldline to verify if the terminal can be attached to Lightspeed Retail POS - some suppliers block their terminals, which can't be connected to any POS system.
What you need
|Yoximo payment terminal|
|Paper roll (for the printer)|
- Turning on your Yoximo terminal
- Inserting the paper roll
- Setting Worldline as the gateway in Retail
- Connecting the terminal to your network (WLAN)
- Including the terminal in the ECR Settings
- Attaching the terminal to your iPad
- On the back of the terminal, put the privacy shield in the upright position and remove the battery cover by pressing with your thumb on its top to release it, then slide it backwards.
- Position the battery with the label facing upwards and the battery contacts facing forwards.
- Lower it into the socket carefully.
- Make sure the battery contacts touch the ones in the terminal, then press the battery down until you hear a click
- Put the battery cover back by placing it on the terminal and sliding it forwards until you hear a click.
- Plug the power cable from the AC adaptor into the socket on the left-hand side of the terminal.
- Connect the AC adaptor to a wall socket and wait for the terminal's keypad backlight and display to light up. This can take up to five minutes.
- On the terminal, put your fingers on the notches at both the left and right-hand sides of the printer cover, then pull the cover open.
- Take a paper roll and unroll about 5 centimetres of it.
- Insert the paper as shown on the sticker inside the printer compartment. When inserting a paper roll, make sure that:
- the paper-holder is empty
- the paper is not cracked, wrinkled or sealed
- the paper comes out straight
- Close the printer cover. Press firmly until you hear a click.
Note: Yoximo terminals only work on your iPad when you access the Lightspeed Retail app in Manager mode. The POS view of the app does not work with this terminal.
- Open the Retail app and tap Retail Manager at the bottom right of the screen to view your POS in Manager mode.
- On the menu on the left, tap Settings.
- Under the Sales row, tap Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Select Gateway drop-down, select Worldline.
- From the sub-sections that appear, configure the following:
- Assign a Name: Enter a unique gateway configuration name that is more intuitive to you (we recommend creating a separate gateway for each shop location).
- Select Shops: Select the shop(s) that will be using this gateway to process payments.
- Credit Card Payment Mapping: Map all card brands to their corresponding payment types to configure how they will appear in your reporting.
- Tap Save at the top left corner of the screen.
- Sign out of the Retail POS app and then sign back in to see your changes in effect.
- Press Corr/ON to power on your Yoximo terminal.
- Press Menu on the terminal's screen.
- From the terminal menu, press 3 (Terminal Setup).
- Press 5 (Wireless Settings).
- Enter the merchant password.
Note: The merchant password is typically the last four digits of the terminal ID/serial number. You can find the terminal ID on the back of the terminal.
- Press OK.
- Press 1 (WLAN Settings) > 2 (Add WLAN) > 2 (Scan).
- Select your WLAN from the list of available wireless networks.
- Press OK.
- Enter your network password.
- Enter a priority for the network. The terminal will select the network with the highest priority (0) as it starts up.
- Press OK. The terminal displays a message confirming that the network has been added.
Your Yoximo device works under a protocol called ECR. Ensure that this ECR protocol is set to CTEP. Doing so will allow Retail to communicate with your Yoximo terminal.
- Press Stop > OK > Menu to access the terminal menu.
- Press 3 (Terminal Setup).
- Press 0 on the terminal's keypad to select option 10 (Next).
- Press 9 (Technician only).
- Enter the Technician only password: 1235789.
- Press OK.
- Press 4 (Hardware settings).
- Press 2 (ECR Protocol).
- Check the ECR Protocol. If it is not set as CTEP, press Change at the top right.
- Press 9 (CTEP).
- Press OK twice. You should be taken to the Communications menu.
Now that you are sure the ECR Protocol is set to CTEP on the terminal, follow the steps below to include it in the ECR settings.
- From the Communications menu, press 9 (ECR Physical Conf.).
- Check the ECR Physical Configuration. If it is not set as TCP/IP, tap Change at the top right
- Press 2 (TCP/IP).
- Press OK for TCP Configuration Client.
- Enter the Hostname (IP address) of your iPad. Instead of using a dot, press OK after each portion of the IP address value.
For example, if your IP address is 184.108.40.206: 192 > OK > 168 > OK > 0 > OK > 123 > OK.
Note: To view your iPad's IP address, tap Settings >Wi-Fi, then select the "i" icon in blue to display the network information.
- On the empty screen named Hostname, press OK.
- Enter the port number: 9000
- Press OK. You should be taken back to the menu.
- Press Stop multiple times in order for the terminal to reboot.
- Tap the Card Reader icon from the Main Menu.
- In the Device Settings section, tap Payment Terminal.
- Select Yoximo to connect your iPad to the payment terminal. The terminal will then show as “Ready”.
Note: For all issues related to the payment terminal itself, contact Worldline Support directly.