✅ New - These instructions only apply to the new Lightspeed gift card version.
Your customer contacts you because they want to buy something from your business, but they can't find the gift card that their friend gave them months ago. They know their gift card is somewhere in their inbox, but they deem it lost amongst the hundreds—if not thousands—of read and unread emails.
With Lightspeed, you can help a customer in this situation—or a similar one—by resending their gift card to them. Within seconds, they should receive a new email with their gift card. This solution is likely faster than you joining the search for finding their original email. Although, this can vary based on the level of organization of one inbox to another.
To resend a gift card:
- From the main menu, go to Customers > Gift Cards.
Note: If you have Lightspeed eCom, you can also go to Customers > Gift cards from your back office.
- Find your customer's gift card using the available filters and details (e.g. date of purchase).
Note: Searching for a customer's name to find a gift card is not supported, for now.
- Select the gift card code to open its details.
- In the Customer section, select Resend gift card.
- Enter an email address and select Send.
Your customer should now receive an email with the gift card code and current balance of their gift card.