✅ New - These instructions only apply to the new Lightspeed gift card version.
You can sell a new gift card or recharge an existing gift card by adding it to a sale. At this time, however, you can only recharge an existing gift card if its current balance is zero. If a customer would like to recharge an existing card and its current balance is above zero, simply add the amount to a new gift card instead.
To sell or recharge a gift card:
- From the main menu, select Sales > New Sale.
- Select Gift Card.
- Select or enter the amount you want to add to the gift card.
- If you're selling a new gift card, scan or enter a gift card code. Alternatively, leave the Gift card code field empty to let Retail POS generate a new, unique gift card code automatically. If you want to recharge an existing gift card, however, scan or enter the gift card code.
- Optionally, enter the recipient's email address.
- If you entered an email address, select the recipient's preferred language.
- Select Add to sale.
- Finish the sale as you typically would.
The amount is now officially added to the gift card. An email that includes the gift card code and amount is also sent to the recipient if you entered their email address during checkout.