✅ New - These instructions only apply to the new Lightspeed gift card version.
If you need de-activate a gift card so it can no longer be used to pay for sales in your account, you can easily do so by canceling the gift card. This is especially helpful if, for example, your customer has lost their gift card or is worried that someone else knows their gift card code.
To cancel a gift card:
- From the main menu, go to Customers > Gift Cards.
Note: If you have Lightspeed eCom, you can also go to Customers > Gift cards from your back office.
- Search for your customer's gift card number.
Note: Searching for a customer's name to find a gift card is not supported, for now.
- Select the gift card number to open its details.
- At the top-right of the page, select Cancel gift card.
- Once you've reviewed the alert in the modal, select Cancel gift card.
Your customer's gift card should now display as Canceled and be permanently de-activated.
Or, are they worried that someone else knows their gift card code? If so, now that you canceled their gift card, transfer their remaining balance to a new gift card.