You can create categories in both Retail and eCom.
- Create categories in Retail to keep the same category structure in both systems and to have automatic product-category syncing.
- Create categories in eCom to have separate categories from Retail. Manually add products to this category.
- In your Retail account click Inventory.
- Click Categories, located at the bottom of the page under INVENTORY SETTINGS.
- Click New category.
- Type the category name and click Save changes.
The new Retail category will appear in the eCom back office under Products > Categories.
You can create categories by import when adding items to a category.
Creating categories in eCom can make it difficult to trace which categories have come from Retail. Since the product-category syncing will still continue for other categories synced from Retail, it's important to keep track of the categories that were created in eCom. Making a personal note including the category's original title and the reason it was created can help.
Read Creating categories for more information.