Categories synced from Retail to eCom always sync products to the eCom category automatically. However, issues can still occur.
These steps fix:
- Duplicate category issues
- Syncing issues when adding categories to products
- Syncing issues when renaming or rearranging in Retail
Check the eCom language in your Retail account > Settings > General options > eCom language. When following the instructions, make sure to change the eCom name of the language you found.
- Start with the first category that has a name that doesn't match the categories in Retail. Change its name to its suspected original name from Retail.
- Test the link by adding a suffix to the suspected category title in Retail.
- When eCom is updated with the same prefix, move on to the next step. Otherwise, change the title of the category in eCom to another suspected name.
- Repeat naming and testing of until the eCom version of the first category is updated. When all Retail categories have been renamed with a suffix and the category in eCom still has not updated, then it was a created in eCom and never synced from Retail. Move on to the next step.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for remaining categories in eCom.
- Once complete, take note of any unnecessary eCom created categories that don't sync with Retail. Delete them if they are not required.
Products have many unintended categories
Depending on how you rearranged your categories in the past, it's possible that many products are appearing in many unintended categories.
- Login to your eCom back office and click Products > Categories.
- Scroll down to the Products section and click Manage Products.
- Manually select the products that don't belong in the category and click Remove products.
Delete then import
You can import up to 1000 variants per import. If you have more products in your import, break the import file into parts less than 1000 variants to import all product-category links.
- Follow the instructions for deleting categories for all categories that were synced from Retail. If you're unsure which categories are from Retail, realign eCom categories to match Retail before deleting.
- Once deleted, your categories and products need to be re-saved to be re-uploaded from Retail. You can facilitate this by exporting all products with categories and importing them. Do this by following instructions to add items to a category via import.
- When the import is complete your categories will slowly repopulate in eCom with the correct product-category links.