To refund orders from the United States that have Lightspeed Payments as the payment method, find the correct instructions here.
Partial refunds occur when a way to refund a portion of a line in an order. For example:
- A customer's order order contains these three lines T-shirt – 20 USD, Shorts – 50 USD and Shipping – 15 USD. You need to refund 7.50 USD of shipping.
- A customer purchased a product online valued at 100 USD. Since they qualified for a discount that was not available online, you need to provide a 20 USD refund.
When you refund the full value of a line in an order, it is not considered a partial refund. For more information about refunding lines on an eCom order, click here.
To partially refund an order:
- Issue a refund through the payment provider's website. For more information how to do this, click here. Proceed to the next step once done. Do not create a credit invoice.
- Login to your Retail account.
- Open the transaction you need to refund:
- Click Reports.
- Under Sales & Refunds click Totals.
- Locate the transaction by filtering the results.
- Click on the Transaction ID.
- Click Refund.
- Under the Sale number, click Refund for every product you will need to complete a partial refund.
- Click Misc. to add a Miscellaneous charge:
- Calculate the partial refund total.
For example, you want to provide $20 partial refund off of $100 order.
Add the amount for a partial refund in the Price field of the Misc. charge with a negative sign. For example, to offer a $20 partial refund, enter -80 (negative eighty) beside Price.
- Uncheck Tax and click Save.
- Click Payment.
- Click Max beside cash and click Finish Sale.
- To correct the payment type, open the new partial refund transaction by following Partial refunds - Step 3.
- In the sidebar, click Payments.
- In the dropdown menu that says Cash, select the payment type that matches the payment provider in eCom.