If you have errors in your import file, your Retail POS account lets you know how many errors it contains and automatically adds the following two columns to a downloadable copy of your import file.
- Errors: Explains what inventory data in the row is incorrect and why.
- Suggested Fixes: Provides suggestions for fixing the errors in the row.
These two columns allow you to quickly fix errors in your import file and successfully import your items as quickly and easily as possible.
Here's an example incorrectly formatted UPC in an import file:
To fix errors in your item import file:
- Click Download your files with errors attached.
- Open the file in a spreadsheet application (e.g. Google Sheets).
- Review the information in the Errors and Suggested Fixes columns and fix the errors.
- Save the file in CSV, XLS or XLSX format.
Note: If you're using Excel, please see Opening and saving import files in Excel to learn how you should save your file.
- Under SELECT FILE, drag and drop your import file. Alternatively, click Browse and select your import file. Your account will start reviewing your import file again for formatting errors.
- If you no longer have errors in your import file, follow steps 7 onwards in the Importing items article to continue importing your items.