This article explains how to:
- Configure your Retail account to process payments with Tyro
- Set up the Yoximo payment terminal on your iPad
This setup is only available to Retailers in Australia and the main setup steps involved are:
- Setting your location and currency
- Connecting the Yoximo to your network
- Configuring your Tyro gateway
- Adding the Yoximo in Retail POS
- Processing a test transaction
Before you begin
Before setting up your payment processing with the Yoximo, please:
- Complete the following checklist
- Insert and charge the Yoximo's battery
- Note the following gateway features
- Set up an account for your business with Tyro and purchase a Yoximo terminal (https://www.tyro.com/).
- Check that you've received an email from Tyro that has your gateway credentials (your Username and Password) and Tyro Merchant Portal credentials. You'll need your gateway credentials to setup your Tyro gateway in Retail POS and your Tyro Merchant Portal credentials to log in and view your Tyro costs, fees, invoices, statements, transactions, surcharges and more. If you haven't received an email, check your spam folder or contact Tyro Customer Support.
- Check that you've received your Yoximo from Tyro. For tracking information, please contact Tyro Customer Support.
- Once your Yoximo is assembled and charged (see below for instructions), contact Tyro Customer Support to activate it. You'll need your business trading name and the serial number located on the bottom of the terminal.
- Contact our Retail Support team to add the necessary modules to your Retail account. You'll need them to process card payments with Tyro.
Insert and charge the Yoximo's battery
Open the box your Yoximo arrived in and gather the following contents:
- Yoximo terminal
- Power adaptor
Once you've gathered all of the contents, insert the battery into the Yoximo and charge it:
- Put the PIN privacy shield in the upright position.
- Turn over and rotate the Yoximo so that the arrow on the battery cover is pointing upwards.
- To remove the battery cover, press down on its latch and slide the battery cover off.
- With the battery's label facing up, insert the battery by aligning the battery's contacts with the Yoximo's.
- Push down on the battery until you hear a click.
- Slide the battery cover back on the Yoximo until you hear a click.
- On the left-hand side of the Yoximo, connect one end of the power adapter into the Yoximo's power socket.
- Connect the other end of the power adapter to a power source.
- Charge the Yoximo until its battery is fully charged (about 2.5 hours).
- To refund a sale back to your customer's card, you need to process the card on the Yoximo. Refunds by reference back to the original card are not supported.
- To void a payment on an in-progress sale, you need to process a negative payment of the same amount on the Yoximo.
- To refund a deposit back to your customer's card in Retail Manager mode, you need to process the card on the Yoximo. Refunds by reference back to the original card are not supported.
- If you have surcharges enabled with Tyro and would like to include the surcharge in a refund in Retail POS, please see Refunding surcharges with Tyro. you will need to create a non-inventory item, called surcharge for example, with a price of 0$. This will allow you to easily add and adjust the item as required during a refund and account for surcharge refunds in your reporting.
1. Set your location and currency
To process payments with Tyro, the location in your Retail account needs to be set to Australia and its currency set to AUD. To do so:
- Sign in to Retail POS.
- From the main menu, tap Retail Manager > Settings.
- Tap General Options.
- Under Location Customization, select the following:
- Location: Australia
- Currency: AUD
- Tap Save Changes.
2. Connect the Yoximo to your network
If you haven't already, power on the Yoximo by press the yellow Corr (On) button on its keypad. Once it's powered on, connect the Yoximo to your network. You can do this via a WiFi connection or a 3G connection. At Lightspeed, we recommend and include setup instruction for WiFi connections. If you'd like to use a 3G connection, please visit Tyro Smart Help or contact Tyro Customer Support for setup instructions.
To connect the Yoximo to your network via a WiFi connection:
- Complete Tyro's Network Connectivity Test to confirm that your network is configured correctly to communicate with Tyro.
- On the Yoximo's keypad, press Menu > Network and Diagnostics > Network Setup > WiFi Scan. If this is the first time you set up a WiFi connection on your Yoximo, a Sign On Failed - No WiFi Network message displays on its screen.
- Select your network.
- Enter your network's password. As the password you enter is case sensitive, press the Menu button on the Yoximo's keypad to change between lower case letters, capital letters and numbers.
- Press Finish. The Yoximo restarts and connects to your network (and will continue to do so going forward after powering up).
3. Configure your Tyro gateway
Next, you need to configure your Tyro gateway in Retail POS. To do so, you need your Tyro credentials (your Username and Password).
- Open Retail POS.
- From the main menu, tap Retail Manager > Settings > Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway drop-down, select Tyro. The settings for the gateway display.
- In the Configuration name field, enter a name for your gateway.
- Under Gateway Credentials, enter the credentials you received from Tyro. We recommend copying and pasting them into the fields to avoid mistyping them:
- If you have a multi-store account, under Select Shops, select all the shops that will use the Tyro gateway.
- Under Credit Card Payment Mapping, select how the credit and debit card types will appear on your receipts and reports. For example, if you have a custom Visa payment type, selecting it from the Visa drop-down will mark all Visa payments as Visa instead of Credit on your receipts and reports. To assign custom payment types (e.g. Visa) from these drop-downs, however, you need to create them in Retail Manager > Settings > Payment Types.
- Tap Save.
4. Add the Yoximo in Retail POS
Now that your Tyro gateway is configured in Retail Manager mode, add the Yoximo in Retail POS.
- At the bottom of the main menu, tap the credit card icon.
- Tap, Add a payment terminal...
- Enter a terminal name and tap Next.
- On your terminal's keypad, press Menu > 5 (Configuration).
- Enter your admin password and press OK.
- Press 1 (Integrated EFTPOS) > 2 (Pair with POS). The terminal's Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID) display onscreen.
- In Retail POS, enter your terminal's Merchant ID and Terminal ID and tap Next.
- Under the terminal's screen, press the right button (START). This starts the pairing process between the terminal and Retail POS.
- Once the pairing is successful in Retail POS, tap Done. The terminal is added and selected under Payment Terminals.
5. Process a test transaction
Lastly, process a test transaction to make sure everything you've set up is working as it should.
- From the main menu, tap New Sale.
- Tap + > Miscellaneous Charges.
- In the Price field, enter an amount (e.g. 0.10) and tap Add.
- Tap More Payments > Credit Card > Start Payment.
- Process the credit card at the payment terminal.
- Once the Tyro screen in Retail POS confirms that the payment is approved, tap NO to avoid printing a receipt.
- Tap Done. The payment (including card type and amount) displays on the right of the screen under Total.
- To the left of the payment, tap X to refund it.
- Tap Start Payment.
- Process the credit card at the payment terminal.
- Once the Tyro screen in Retail POS confirms that the refund is approved, tap NO to avoid printing a receipt.
- Tap Done. The refund displays on the right of the screen under the test payment.
- At the top-right of the Payment screen, tap Cancel Sale > Leave Sale.
Congratulations! You're now ready to accept card payments from your customers with Tyro.