This article explains how to:
- Configure your Retail account to process payments with Tyro
- Set up the Yomani payment terminal on your iPad
This setup is only available to Retailers in Australia and the main steps involved are:
- Setting your location and currency
- Connecting the Yomani to your network
- Configuring your Tyro gateway
- Adding the Yomani in Retail POS
- Processing a test transaction
Before you begin
Before setting up your payment processing with the Yomani, please:
- Complete the following checklist
- Power on the Yomani
- Note the following gateway features
- Set up an account for your business with Tyro and purchase a Yoximo terminal (https://www.tyro.com/).
- Check that you've received an email from Tyro that has your gateway credentials (your Username and Password) and Tyro Merchant Portal credentials. You'll need your gateway credentials to setup your Tyro gateway in Retail POS and your Tyro Merchant Portal credentials to log in and view your Tyro costs, fees, invoices, statements, transactions, surcharges and more. If you haven't received an email, check your spam folder or contact Tyro Customer Support.
- Check that you've received your Yomani from Tyro. For tracking information, please contact Tyro Customer Support.
- Once your Yomani is powered on (see below for instructions), contact Tyro Customer Support to activate it. You'll need your business trading name and the serial number located on the bottom of the terminal.
- Contact our Retail Support team to add the necessary modules to your Retail account. You'll need them to process card payments with Tyro.
Power on the Yomani
Open the box your Yomani arrived in and gather the following contents:
- Yomani terminal
- Power supply unit
- Ethernet cable
Once you've gathered all of the contents, power on the Yomani by connecting one end of the power supply unit (PSU) to a power source and the other end to the power port under the terminal base. Connecting the Yomani to your network with the Ethernet cable will be covered in Step 2 of this article.
- To refund a sale back to your customer's card, you need to process the card on the Yomani. Refunds by reference back to the original card (without inserting or swiping it at the terminal) are not supported.
- To void a payment on an in-progress sale, you need to process a refund of the same amount on the Yomani.
- To refund a deposit back to your customer's card in Retail Manager mode, you need to process the card on the Yomani. Refunds by reference back to the original card (without inserting or swiping it at the terminal) are not supported.
- If you have surcharges enabled with Tyro and would like to include the surcharge in a refund in Retail POS, please see Refunding surcharges with Tyro.
1. Set your location and currency
To process payments with Tyro, the location in your Retail account needs to be set to Australia and its currency set to AUD. To do so:
- Sign in to Retail POS.
- From the main menu, tap Retail Manager > Settings.
- Tap General Options.
- Under Location Customization, select the following:
- Location: Australia
- Currency: AUD
- Tap Save Changes.
2. Connect the Yomani to your network
If you haven't already, power on the Yomani by connecting one end of the Power Supply Unit (PSU) to a power source and the other end to the power port under the terminal base. Once it's powered on, connect the Yomani to your network. You can do this via an Ethernet connection or a 3G connection. At Lightspeed, we recommend and include setup instruction for Ethernet connections. If you'd like to use a 3G connection, please visit Tyro Smart Help or contact Tyro Customer Support for setup instructions.
To connect the Yomani to your network via an Ethernet connection:
- Complete Tyro's Network Connectivity Test to confirm that your network is configured correctly to communicate with Tyro.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the network port under the terminal base.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into a spare port on your network device (modem, router or switch).
3. Configure your Tyro gateway
Next, you need to configure your Tyro gateway in Retail POS. To do so, you need your Tyro credentials (your Username and Password).
- Open Retail POS.
- From the main menu, tap RetailManager > Settings > Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway drop-down, select Tyro. The settings for the gateway display.
- In the Configuration name field, enter a name for your gateway.
- Under Gateway Credentials, enter the credentials you received from Tyro. We recommend copying and pasting them into the fields to avoid mistyping them:
- If you have a multi-store account, under Select Shops, select all the shops that will use the Tyro gateway.
- Under Credit Card Payment Mapping, select how the credit and debit card types will appear on your receipts and reports. For example, if you have a custom Visa payment type, selecting it from the Visa drop-down will mark all Visa payments as Visa instead of Credit on your receipts and reports. To assign custom payment types (e.g. Visa) from these drop-downs, however, you need to create them in Retail Manager > Settings > Payment Types.
- Tap Save.
4. Add the Yomani in Retail POS
Now that your Tyro gateway is configured in Retail Manager mode, add the Yomani in Retail POS.
- At the bottom of the main menu, tap the credit card icon.
- Tap, Add a payment terminal...
- Enter a terminal name and tap Next.
- On your terminal's keypad, press Menu > 5 (Configuration).
- Enter your admin password and press OK.
- Press 1 (Integrated EFTPOS) > 2 (Pair with POS). The terminal's Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID) display onscreen.
- In Retail POS, enter your terminal's Merchant ID and Terminal ID and tap Next.
- Under the terminal's screen, press the right button (START). This starts the pairing process between the terminal and Retail POS.
- Once the pairing is successful in Retail POS, tap Done. The terminal is added and selected under Payment Terminals.
5. Process a test transaction
Lastly, process a test transaction to make sure everything you've set up is working as it should.
- From the main menu, tap New Sale.
- Tap + > Miscellaneous Charges.
- In the Price field, enter an amount (e.g. 0.10) and tap Add.
- Tap More Payments > Credit Card > Start Payment.
- Process the credit card at the payment terminal.
- Once the Tyro screen in Retail POS confirms that the payment is approved, tap NO to avoid printing a receipt.
- Tap Done. The payment (including card type and amount) displays on the right of the screen under Total.
- To the left of the payment, tap X to refund it.
- Tap Start Payment.
- Process the credit card at the payment terminal.
- Once the Tyro screen in Retail POS confirms that the refund is approved, tap NO to avoid printing a receipt.
- Tap Done. The refund displays on the right of the screen under the test payment.
- At the top-right of the Payment screen, tap Cancel Sale > Leave Sale.
Congratulations! You're now ready to accept card payments from your customers with Tyro.