This article explains how to:
- configure your Retail account to process payments with Concardis, and
- set up your Miura M010 payment terminal on your iPad.
The this setup is only available to Retailers in Switzerland and the main setup steps involved are:
- Setting your location and currency
- Configuring your Concardis gateway
- Pairing the Miura M010 to your iPad via Bluetooth
- Processing a test transaction
Before you begin
- Purchase a Miura M010 payment terminal from Concardis. They refer to it as their "Optipay" payment terminal.
- Make sure that you've received your Miura M010 payment terminal. If for any reason you haven't received it, please contact Concardis.
- Contact Support to get your Concardis credentials (your Merchant identifier and Merchant secret key).
1. Setting your location and currency
To process payments with Concardis, the location of your Retail account needs to be set to Switzerland and its currency set to CHF CHF (Swiss franc). To do so:
- Log in to Retail POS.
- From the main menu, tap Retail Manager > Settings.
- Tap General Options.
- Under Location Customization, select the following:
- Location: Switzerland
- Currency: CHF CHF
- Tap Save Changes.
2. Configure your Concardis gateway
Next, you need to configure your Concardis gateway in your Retail account. To do so, you need your Concardis credentials (your Merchant identifier and Merchant secret key).
- From the main menu, tap Settings > Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway drop-down, select Concardis. The settings for the gateway display.
- In the Configuration name field, enter a name for your gateway.
- Under Gateway Credentials, enter the credentials you received from our Lightspeed Support team. We recommend copying and pasting them into the fields:
- Merchant identifier
- Merchant secret key
- If you have a multi-store account, under Select Shops, select all the shops that will use the Concardis gateway.
- Under Credit Card Payment Mapping, select how the credit and debit card types will appear on your receipts and reports. For example, if you have a custom Visa payment type, selecting it from the Visa drop-down will mark all Visa payments as Visa instead of Credit on your receipts and reports. To assign custom payment types (e.g. Visa) from these drop-downs, however, you need to create them in Settings > Payment Types.
- Tap Save.
3. Pairing the Miura M010 to your iPad via Bluetooth
To power on the Miura M010, press the power button on the top-right corner. Once the payment terminal is ready, the Bluetooth icon and the battery status indicator display onscreen. The Bluetooth light on the right of the screen also begins to flash about once every second. To make the payment terminal discoverable via Bluetooth, press and hold the ENTER key until the onscreen Bluetooth icon and the Bluetooth light begins to flash quickly. Now that your Miura M010 is powered on and discoverable via Bluetooth, pair it to your iPad.
- Press the Home button on your iPad.
- Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- Under OTHER DEVICES, tap the payment terminal. It should be called "Miura" followed by the last six digits of its serial number. You can find its serial number on the back of the payment terminal.
- In the new Bluetooth Pairing Request alert, you'll see a code. If the code on your payment terminal's screen is the same, press the ENTER key on the payment terminal and Pair in the alert on your iPad.
The Bluetooth icon on your payment terminal's screen should now be solid and the payment terminal should now be listed as Connected under MY DEVICES on your iPad.
4. Processing a test transaction
Now that your payment terminal is paired to your iPad, it's time to process a test transaction.
- Open Retail POS.
- On the Profile screen, tap New Sale.
- Tap + > Miscellaneous Charges.
- In the Price field, enter 0.01 and tap Add.
- Tap More Payments > Credit Card > Start Payment.
- Process the credit card at the payment terminal. The Summary screen in Retail POS confirms that the payment is approved.
- Tap Close > Done.
- The Summary screen in Retail POS confirms that the payment is refunded and the total is CHF0.00.
- Tap Close > Done.
- On the top-right of the Payment screen, tap Cancel Sale.
- In the alert, tap Confirm.
Congratulations! You're now ready to accept credit card payments from your customers with Concardis.