The only two reasons to submit requests to support are Personal requests for primary users and Requests when the primary user cannot be contacted.
All other privacy requests from employees or customers can be fulfilled by the primary user in Lightspeed by following the instructions found in Complying with privacy laws.
Submit a request here in the Retail Help Center:
- Click Submit a request at the top-right of the screen.
- From the drop-down, select Privacy Request.
- Enter your email address and name.
- Enter your phone number and the subject of your request.
- From the drop-down, select one of the Privacy request types.
- Enter a clear and concise description of what you need help with.
- Optionally, enter your Account ID. You can find it by clicking Help at the bottom-left of your Retail account.
- Click Submit. Your privacy request is officially submitted. A Support agent will get back to you as soon as possible or within 30 days at the very latest.
Privacy request types
You can submit 5 types of privacy requests to our Support team:
- Information and access request - To obtain a record of all personal details possessed by Lightspeed.
- Data Modification request - To change personal details. For example, their name or email address.
- Objection to processing - To prevent the use of personal details. For example, to prevent a customer's personal details being used in marketing campaigns..
- Data deletion request - To permanently delete personal data. For example, you sold your business and would therefore like to be deleted from our systems.
- DPA Request - To sign a data processing agreement with Lightspeed.
Personal requests for primary users
The primary user can submit a personal privacy request to Support. All other requests from employees or customers can be completed in Retail.
To ensure the protection of our merchants' personal data, the merchant submitting the request to Support must be the primary user of the Retail account. From there, our Support team will only need an email confirmation from the merchant to complete the privacy request. A merchant's proof of identity is only requested in special cases (e.g if the email address of the merchant doesn't match the email address of the Retail account's Primary User).
Requests when the primary user cannot be contacted
First, attempt to contact the merchant to make a privacy request. In the event you cannot contact the store owner, you can submit a request to Support.
NOTE: If you have Lightspeed eCom and it's connected to your Retail inventory, you'll also need to complete privacy requests from your customers or your employees in your eCom store. For instructions, please see Managing privacy requests in the eCom Help Center. Similarly, if you've integrated your Retail account with one of our partners, you'll need to contact them directly to learn what personal data they have and how to complete your customers' and employees' privacy request on their end.