The Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner connects to your iPad via Bluetooth and allows you to scan your items wirelessly. It's compatible with 1D and 2D barcodes.
Setting up the Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner involves:
What you'll need
Once your barcode scanner arrives in the mail, you'll need the take out the following from the box it comes in to set it up:
- Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner
- Micro USB cable
- Zebra's CS4070 Scanner Product Reference Guide
Zebra's CS4070 Scanner Product Reference Guide is helpful to have on hand in your shop if you want a paper copy of the Zebra barcodes included in the Help articles. You can also refer to it for more in-depth information about the CS4070 barcode scanner.
Before you begin
Before using it in your shop for the first time, insert the battery in the back of your barcode scanner and fully charge it.
- Insert the battery in the back of your barcode scanner.
- Connect one end of the micro USB cable to the micro USB port at the bottom of the barcode scanner.
- Connect the other end of the micro USB cable to your computer's USB port.
To indicate that it's charging, the LED light at the top of the barcode scanner flashes amber. Once it's fully charged, the LED light turns solid green. If you click the battery level key, all four battery level LED lights also turn green.
1. Pair your barcode scanner with your iPad
- Press the scan key (+) to power on your barcode scanner.
- By default, your barcode scanner is set to HID keyboard mode. To use your barcode scanner and keyboard at the same time in the Retail POS app, you need to set it to Bluetooth MFi_SSI mode. To do so, scan the barcode below directly from your iPad's screen. The barcode scanner will beep and its Bluetooth LED light will start flashing quickly.
- On your iPad, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth panel, enable the Bluetooth switch.
- Under OTHER DEVICES, tap your barcode scanner. Once the pairing process is complete, your barcode scanner displays as Connected under MY DEVICES. Its blue Bluetooth LED light also flashes slowly.
2. Test your barcode scanner
Now that your barcode scanner is paired to your iPad, test it by scanning an item in the Retail POS app.
- Open the Retail POS app. Your barcode scanner will display as connected at the top of the screen. It'll also be listed on the Profile screen under Devices.
- From the Profile screen, tap New Sale.
- Scan an item that you have in your inventory. If you don't have item in your inventory, create one on the fly. To do so, tap + > Create New Item. Then, enter a default price, scan the item's barcode into one of the IDs fields and tap Create. To be absolutely sure your barcode scanner is working, scan the item again after creating it.
Note: If you're part of our RACS initiative, scan the barcode below. An item called "Lightspeed Test T-Shirt" will appear.
You should now be able to scan items with your barcode scanner.
If the above setup doesn't work or if you need to unpair your barcode scanner, please see the following articles: