Lightspeed Retail has these default payment types:
- credit card
- credit account
- gift card
- debit card
You can set the properties for each payment type and create new payment types. You can, for example, create individual payment types for each of your accepted credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard so that you can track them in reports.
To set up your payment types
- From the main menu, click Settings > Payment Types.
- To specify settings for an existing payment type, click it in the list. To add a new payment type, click + New Payment Type.
- If you’re creating a new type, enter the Payment Type Name.
- From the Refund As list, select the refund methods you want to allow for products purchased with that payment type.
- Select Require Customer if you want a customer to be associated with a sale in order for the payment type to be available.
- Click Save Changes.