The images are displayed in the details of the item in Lightspeed Retail, Lightspeed Retail iPad POS and in eCom.
For additional information on managing the visibility of images associated with products in your eCom store, click here.
Requirements and optimal choices for image files
- Image quantity: up to 12 images.
- Image size: 650x650 pixels as other resolutions will be scaled to fit.
- File type: .jpeg or .jpg as they will upload and load the quickest.
- File size: 8mb as anything larger will fail.
- File name: only use letters and numbers, no special characters.
- Browser: use Firefox or Chrome.
Adding images to an item
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Item Search.
- Locate an item in the list and open it.
- From the left menu, click Details.
- If there is no image loaded for the item, click the blue + Add Images button.
- If an image is already loaded, click View & Manage Images.
- Depending on step 3, to upload an image you can:
- Drag and drop the files.
- Click Browse Files and select an image (or a range of images) you want to upload.
- To view all your images, click on View & Manage Images if you haven't already in step 3.
- From the top left, you can click on Grid or Slideshow depending on the view you need:
- Grid view: as shown above, you can see the thumbnails of all your items, browse or drag and drop more image files, or click on specific image to enter its Slideshow view. You can also click and drag images to reorder them.
- Slideshow: you can navigate left and right between images using the arrows. You can also click the Delete Image button to remove an image or Mark as Featured to make it the featured image.
NOTE: You can right click or drag and drop the images to save the files on your computer.
- From the top left, click the Close icon to go back to your item.
- Click Save Changes.
You can add up to 12 images per item. Across your account, you can upload a total of 25,000 images or 100 GB of image data to your account. Once you've reached 75% of either of these two limits, you will be notified in the image upload section of your item.
NOTE: To upgrade your image upload limit, contact our Support team to add the necessary module. This can expand the number of images or total GB of image data that you can upload to your account, however you will still be limited to 12 images per item.