Tags help you manage your inventory and customers by applying keywords and search terms to them. Searching on tags helps you organize your data and quickly find referenced items or people. Unlike categories, an item or customer can have multiple tags. Tags are especially useful in reports, as you can filter results tagged with or excluded from your search criteria.
Note: Tags created in Retail are not reflected in eCom.
To create inventory tags
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Item Search.
- Click the item you want to create a tag for.
- In the Tags field, enter comma-separated keywords.
- Click the Save button.
To create customer tags
- From the main menu, click Customers > Customers.
- Find the customer you want to create a tag for. Learn more about searching for customers here.
- In the Tags field enter comma-separated keywords.
To manage your tags
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Tags.
Your list of tags is displayed, along with where it is used. You can click a tag to see where it's used.