Setting employee login credentials in your Retail account involves entering the below for each employee under Settings > Employee Setup:
- Personal identification number (PIN)
Once you've entered the above login credentials for all your employees, whether they have External Login permission enabled in their employee role or not will determine their level of access:
External login access
In case an employee accidentally closes the Lightspeed Retail session, we recommend having an employee with external login access available throughout your business day, whether on-site (e.g. a keyholder) or remote (e.g. via TeamViewer). This way, your employees with only PIN access will always have access to your Retail account and be able to serve customers during your shop's business hours.
Set an employee's login credentials
- From the main menu, click Settings > Employee Setup.
- Click the employee you want to set the login credentials for.
- From the left menu, click Sign In.
- In the Login Name field, enter a valid email address. If the employee has external login access, this is the username they'll use to log in to your Retail account. Email addresses must be unique and not associated with other employees in the Lightspeed Retail POS account.
- In the New Password field, enter a password. If the employee has external login access, this is the password they'll use to log in to your Retail account. Passwords must be at least ten characters long.
- In the Re-type Password field, enter the same password again.
- Click Save Changes.
- Enable the Pin Active checkbox.
- In the Set New PIN field, enter the employee's PIN. This is the PIN they'll use to clock in and out and access your Retail account from the Lock screen.
- Click Save Changes.
- Configure the Access settings in Settings > General Options to automatically require your employees to sign in and/or enter their PINs after a certain amount of time. For more information, please see our Configuring Access settings article.
- If you offer sales commission to your employees, please see our Recording employee sales commissions article.
- To learn how to change between employees in your Retail account, please see our Changing between employees article.