The number of employee accounts that you can add to your Retail account depends on your Lightspeed Retail plan. If you've reached your employee limit and the + New Employee no longer displays in Settings > Employee Setup, we recommend archiving an employee account you're no longer using. If you need to keep all your current employee accounts active, email your request to increase your employee limit to your Sales Account Manager directly or to the Sales department at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact Support as they can coordinate a phone transfer or a callback request.
Adding an employee account
- From the main menu, click Settings > Employee Setup > + New Employee.
- Enter the employee’s first and last name, and assign them an employee role.
- If you have a multi-store account, you can limit the employee’s access to a specific shop by selecting it from the Limit To Shop list.
- In the Email 1 field enter the email address that will receive emails from Lightspeed Retail for software updates and important Lightspeed Retail messages. To opt out of receiving emails from Lightspeed Retail, from the Do Not section, select Email.
- Enter all required employee details and click Save Changes. The employee is now added to your Lightspeed Retail account.
- If you've assigned a Custom role to the account, in the left menu click Rights from and assign a customized set of permissions.
NOTE: A customized set of permissions created this way is attached to this account only and is not accessible anywhere else. In order to change the permissions for an employee with a customized set of permissions, you must do so via the employee’s account.
- Click Save Changes.
- Set up login credentials for the new account via the left menu Sign In tab (login name, password, and access PIN). Refer to Setting login credentials.
To know more about custom roles and permissions, go to Configuring employee roles.