Set up a Yoximo (mobile) or Yomani (non-mobile) payment terminal via (W)LAN for use with Worldline payment processing in Lightspeed Retail.
Please note the following when using Worldline with Lightspeed Retail POS:
- If you purchased your Yomani/Yoximo payment terminal from a different supplier (other than Wordline), please check with Worldline if the terminal can be assigned to Lightspeed Retail POS; some suppliers block their terminals from being connected to another POS system.
- The Yomani/Yoximo payment terminals are currently only supported on the iPad with the Lightspeed Retail POS app.
- The payment terminal must be running software version 14.06.00 or later.
- For all issues related to the payment terminal itself, contact Worldline Support directly.
Setup includes the following:
- Set Worldline as the Gateway in Retail POS
- Connect the Worldline terminal to your LAN or WLAN
- Include your device in the ECR Settings
- Assign the Worldline terminal to your iPad
- Log on to the Retail POS app in Retail Manager mode.
- Open the Main Menu and tap Retail Manager.
- Tap Settings > Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Select Gateway drop-down, select Worldline.
- From the sub-sections that appear, configure the following:
- Assign a Name: Enter a unique gateway configuration name that is more intuitive to you (we recommend to create a separate gateway for every shop location).
- Select Shops: Select the shop(s) that will be using this gateway to process payments.
- Credit Card Payment Mapping: Map all card brands to their corresponding payment types to configure how they will appear in your reporting.
- Tap the blue Save button.
- For you changes to take effect, sign out of the Retail POS app and sign back in.
- Connect the Yomani-terminal with a LAN-cable to your router.
- Power on the Yomani terminal by connecting the power supply.
Connect the Yoximo or Yomani-terminal to your WLAN.
- Power on the Yoximo terminal by pressing the yellow Corr/ON button. To access the terminal menu, press Menu.
- Power on the Yomani terminal by connecting the power supply. To access the terminal menu, press Stop > OK > Menu.
- From the terminal menu, press 3. Terminal Setup > 5. Wireless Settings.
- Enter the merchant password. The merchant password is typically the last four digits of the terminal ID. Press OK.
- Press 1. WLAN Settings > 2. Add WLAN > 2. Scan. A list of available wireless networks is shown. Select your WLAN.
- Press OK.
- Enter your WLAN key.
- Enter a priority for the network. The terminal will select the network with the highest priority (0) at start up.
- Press OK. The terminal displays a confirmation that the WLAN has been added.
First, we ensure that the ECR Protocol is set to CTEP.
- Press Stop > OK > Menu to access the terminal menu.
- Press 3. Terminal Setup > 10. Next (0 on keypad).
- Press 9. Technician only.
- The Technician only password is 1235789, then press OK.
- Press 4. Hardware settings.
- Press 2. ECR Protocol.
- Check the ECR Protocol. When this is not set as CTEP, choose Change in the right top corner. Press 9. CTEP.
- Press OK twice.
- You return to the menu that starts with Communications.
- From this menu, press 9. ECR Physical Conf. .
- Check the ECR Physical Configuration. When this is not set as TCP/IP, choose Change in the right top corner. Press 2. TCP/IP.
- Press OK for TCP Configuration Client.
- Enter the Hostname (IP address) of your iPad. To access your IP address on the iPad, tap Settings > Wi-Fi, then select the blue "i" button to display the network information.
A "part" of the IP-address is entered. Between each separate number of the IP address, in stead of entering a dot, press OK.
For example: 192 > OK > 168 > OK > 0 > OK > 123 > OK.
- There's a final empty screen named Hostname, press OK.
- Enter the port number (9000). Press OK.
- You will return to the menu. Press Stop multiple times in order for the terminal to reboot.
- Tap the Card Reader icon from the Main Menu.
- The app Device Settings opens. Tap Payment Terminal.
- Select Yomani/Yoximo to connect your iPad to the payment terminal. The terminal will then show as “Ready”.
You are now ready to process payments through Worldline.