You can set up a Yomani (non-mobile) payment terminal that runs a software version 14.06.00 or later to be used with Worldline payment processing on your iPad, provided you are using the Lightspeed Retail POS app.
Note: To check the software version of your terminal, power it on and press STOP (the red button at the bottom left) > 5 > Password > 5.
Yomani terminals connect to your iPad via LAN:
|LAN||Local Area Network: the terminal will be connected to your router by means of a LAN cable. Your iPad then connects to your terminal through the same network.|
Note: If you purchased your Yomani payment terminal from a different supplier (other than Wordline itself), please contact Worldline to verify if the terminal can be attached to Lightspeed Retail POS - some suppliers block their terminals, which can't be connected to any POS system.
What you need
|Yomani payment terminal|
- Turning on your Yomani terminal
- Set Worldline as the Gateway in Retail POS
- Connect the Yomani terminal to your network (LAN)
- Include the terminal in the ECR Settings
- Attach the terminal to your iPad
Connecting the cables
At the back of your Yomani XR terminal, you will find four communications interfaces as standard:
- USB host (USB A) port
- USB device (USB B) port
- Ethernet port
- Serial (RS-232) port
Connect the appropriate cables to your Yomani terminal in the following order:
- Plug the Ethernet cable (port 4), the serial RS-232 cable (port 1), or both.
- To connect your terminal to the iPad, plug the USB B connector of the USB cable
into the USB B socket (port 3) on the terminal.
- If you are using a power adaptor to power your Yomani, plug the power cable from the adaptor into the corresponding power socket on the terminal (port 5).
Note: Only use the USB cable (type AWG20-28) supplied by your vendor. A cable length of 3m maximum is recommended.
Powering the terminal on
The Yomani terminal is normally powered on by simply connecting the power adaptor to the power input socket.
Alternatively, in case you are using the terminal without any of its accessories (such as a printer or a
communications interface board), you can power on your terminal by plugging it directly into the iPad's USB port.
Note: Yomani terminals only work on your iPad when you access the Lightspeed Retail app in Manager mode. The POS view of the app does not work with this terminal.
- Open the Retail app and tap Retail Manager at the bottom right of the screen to view your POS in Manager mode.
- On the menu on the left, tap Settings.
- Under the Sales row, tap Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Select Gateway drop-down, select Worldline.
- From the sub-sections that appear, configure the following:
- Assign a Name: Enter a unique gateway configuration name that is more intuitive to you (we recommend creating a separate gateway for each shop location).
- Select Shops: Select the shop(s) that will be using this gateway to process payments.
- Credit Card Payment Mapping: Map all card brands to their corresponding payment types to configure how they will appear in your reporting.
- Tap Save at the top left corner of the screen.
- Sign out of the Retail POS app and then sign back in to see your changes in effect.
- Connect the Yomani terminal with a LAN cable to your router.
- Power on the Yomani terminal by connecting the power supply.
Your Yomani device works under a protocol called ECR. Ensure that this ECR protocol is set to CTEP. Doing so will allow Retail to communicate with your Yomani terminal.
- Press Stop > OK > Menu to access the terminal menu.
- Press 3 (Terminal Setup).
- Press 0 on the terminal's keypad to select option 10 (Next).
- Press 9 (Technician only).
- Enter the Technician only password: 1235789.
- Press OK.
- Press 4 (Hardware settings).
- Press 2 (ECR Protocol).
- Check the ECR Protocol. If it is not set as CTEP, press Change at the top right.
- Press 9 (CTEP).
- Press OK twice. You should be taken to the Communications menu.
Now that you are sure the ECR Protocol is set to CTEP on the terminal, follow the steps below to include it in the ECR settings.
- From the Communications menu, press 9 (ECR Physical Conf.).
- Check the ECR Physical Configuration. If it is not set as TCP/IP, tap Change at the top right.
- Press 2 (TCP/IP).
- Press OK for TCP Configuration Client.
- Enter the Hostname (IP address) of your iPad. Instead of using a dot, press OK after each portion of the IP address value.
For example, if your IP address is 22.214.171.124: 192 > OK > 168 > OK > 0 > OK > 123 > OK.
Note: To view your iPad's IP address, tap Settings >Wi-Fi, then select the "i" icon in blue to display the network information.
- On the empty screen named Hostname, press OK.
- Enter the port number: 9000.
- Press OK. You should be taken back to the menu.
- Press Stop multiple times in order for the terminal to reboot.
- Tap the Card Reader icon from the Main Menu.
- In the Device Settings section, tap Payment Terminal.
- Select Yomani to connect your iPad to the payment terminal. The terminal will then show as “Ready”.
Note: For all issues related to the payment terminal itself, contact Worldline Support directly.