You can select the shop (if you have a multi-shop account) and cash register from which to process sales in . Opening a register establishes the starting dollar amount in your cash drawer. Closing a register at the end of the day enables you to see any shortages or overages of funds in your cash drawer. When you open or close a register, a cash totals report automatically prints from the assigned receipt printer.
Tap Manage Registers from the POS menu.
- If you have a multi-store account, tap the shop where the register you want to open or close is.
- Open or close the register:
- To open the register, tap it. Registers that are already open are displayed as Open.
- To close the register, it must be selected as the current sale register in the app. If the register that you want to close is the currently selected sale register, tap Close under the register icon. Otherwise, tap the register to make it the current register and then tap Menu > Manage Registers > Close.
- Enter the register's start or close count:
- Opening a register: Enter the starting cash amount by tapping the cash denomination and entering the quantity for the denomination. You can also tap Extra to enter the full dollar amount without specifying the denominations. When you're done entering the starting count, tap Submit Count.
- Closing a register: Enter the closing cash amount by tapping the cash denomination and entering the quantity for the denomination. You can also tap Extra to enter the full dollar amount without specifying the denomination. For each payment type tap Closing Count and enter the total dollar value. When you're done tap Save at the bottom of the Close Register screen.
NOTE: To physically open the cash register, tap Open Drawer on the top-right corner of the Close Register or Open Register screen to physically open the cash drawer.