If you have duplicate records in your list of vendors, you can merge the details into one record. When you merge vendor records, the following rules apply:
- The details of the record you choose as the primary record are kept, and the secondary vendor record is deleted.
- If the primary record has a field with no information and information exists in the secondary record, the information from the secondary record is copied to the primary record.
- If there's conflicting information, for example if both records have different sales representatives, the information in the primary record is kept.
NOTE: Merging cannot be undone.
To merge vendor records
- To access your vendor records, from the main menu, click Inventory > Vendors.
- To find a vendor record to edit, enter the vendor's name in the Name search field and click Search.
- To merge two vendors that are the same, open the vendor record you want to keep as the primary record.
- On the left menu, click Merge.
- Select the check box for the secondary vendor record you want to want to merge into the primary vendor record.
- Click Merge > OK.
The vendor details of the secondary vendor record are now merged into the primary record.