Use price rules to automatically apply discounts to selected items. You can set price rules to be valid only for the dates you choose. For example, you can create a price rule to give an automatic cost-plus-percentage discount to specific customers.
- Discounts don't apply to items or labor that are set as non-discountable. See the Discounts Allowed setting in Adding items and the No Discounts on Labor setting in Configuring your general options.
- New Lightspeed Retail accounts don't have editable fields for season, department, and model year in the item settings.
- If you create new items after creating a price rule, the new items are not included as part of the price rule unless All Items/Charges is enabled in the price rule. If you don't enable this option, you must manually add the new items to the price rule.
- When a price rule is in effect during a sale, the register displays both the current price and previous price.
- A price rule will always discount from an item’s Default Price Level, unless an alternate pricing level is selected in the Type menu.
To create a price rule
- From the main menu, click Settings > Price Rules > + New Price Rule.
- Give a descriptive name to the price rule, such as Designer Discount.
- Select the shops you want the rule to apply to. You can select multiple shops with the Shift or Ctrl/Command key.
- Select Always On if you want this discount to always be applied. If you want the price rule to be valid only on specific dates, don't select Always On.
- Click Save Changes, and if you didn't make the price rule always on, pick the start and end dates.
- Choose whether you want the price rule to apply to only specific customer types. All is selected by default.
- Choose All Items/Charges if you want the price rule to apply to your entire inventory.
NOTE: If you create new items after creating a price rule, the new items are not included as part of the price rule unless All Items/Charges is enabled. If you don't enable this option you must manually add the new items to the price rule.
- Select the type of discount you want to give: fixed, markup or margin, and click Save Changes to display the related settings.
- Specify the discount amount or percentage. To choose a discount, you must have created at least one discount. See Creating discounts.
- If you did not select All Items/Charges, use the Add Items section to add items individually using the available inventory filters or the Add Multiple Items section to add groups of items by Category or Brand.
- Click Save Changes to finalize the price rule.
NOTE: If you create price rules for customer types, be sure that the first thing you do in their transactions is attach the customer to the sale. Otherwise, the price rule might not apply correctly.