Assemblies are a great way to automatically build an item from individual items within Lightspeed Retail. Assemblies are useful if you receive item parts from vendors and sell them as a fully assembled item, such as a bicycle, if you want to create a gift basket, or offer a selection of yarns for a pattern for a knitted sweater or scarf.
To build an assembly
- From the main menu, click Inventory > New Item. This will be your assembled final item.
- Enter a description for the assembled item, such as Gift Basket.
- Select Assembly as the Type.
- Specify any other details for the item, and click Save Changes.
- From the left menu, click Assembly.
- To select the items to add to the assembly, you can create new items or add existing items from your inventory.
To select from your existing inventory: Under Find Existing Assembly Part, enter the item Description in the Item Search field, and then click Find Item. If only one item matches your search, the item is automatically added. Otherwise, a list appears from which you must select the item to add.
NOTE: You can click Find Item with a blank search to display all of the items in your inventory.
- To create a new item: Under Create New Assembly Part, enter the item Description, specify the default cost for the item, the quantity of the item to use for each assembly, and click + Create Part.
- After you add all the items you need to the assembly, click Save Changes.
- Under Build Assembly, enter how many assembled items you want to make and click Build.
To break apart an assembly
When you break apart an assembly, the inventory of the assembled item decreases by one and the individual item quantities that make up the assembled item are returned to your regular inventory.
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Item Search.
- Find the assembly in the list and click it.
- Under Break Down Assembly into Individual Items enter how many assemblies you want to disassemble and click Break Down.