Custom menus give you flexible ways to add non-inventoried items to a sale. For example, in a bike shop, you can create a custom menu for your workorder screen that lists common labor items. You create a button called Service that has two menu options: basic tuneup and advanced tuneup.
To create a custom menu
- From the main menu, click Settings > Custom Menus.
- Click Register: Sale Tab.
- To create a new submenu, under Add New Button, in the Title field enter a title for the submenu, such as Service in this example.
- From the Type menu, choose Submenu and choose a color.
- You can optionally add a sort order for which position you want the button to appear in.
- Click + Add Button To Menu. The new button appears in the Menu Preview at the bottom of the page.
- From the Submenu list, choose New Submenu and give it a name, in this example Basic Tuneup.
- Click the edit Pencil under the Submenu.
- To add a new button to the submenu, under Add New Button, give the button a name, in this example Advanced Tuneup.
- To add a new button to the submenu, under Add New Button, in the field Title, enter a name for the button, in this example Advanced Tuneup.
- From the Type menu, choose Add Item(s) and click +Add ButtonTo Menu.