Lightspeed Accounting offers an automated and seamless integration of your Lightspeed Retail data with the below accounting system:
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Desktop (2014 or later)
- Exact Online
- Sage Cloud Accounting
Alternatively, you can manually export your Lightspeed Retail data and import it into QuickBooks for Mac or Windows provided you are using a compatible version of QuickBooks Desktop:
|QuickBooks Desktop 2014-2018||QuickBooks Desktop 2013-2018|
QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and later are not compatible with this manual export due to changes in the file format used in those editions. Lightspeed Accounting, however, is.
NOTE: QuickBooks 2013 and later for Mac require a workaround in order to import correctly. In Lightspeed Retail, go to Reports > QuickBooks Settings & Options and set the "Extra" field under Sales Tax to "N/A" and then save the settings.
To export from Lightspeed Retail
- Open your Firefox browser.
- In Lightspeed Retail, go to Reports > QuickBooks Settings & Options.
- Select the data Lightspeed Retail exports to your accounting software by going to Lightspeed Retail settings for manual exports into QuickBooks (Mac or Windows).
- If you have a QuickBooks account, check that the accounts match. This prevents a new account being created in your QuickBooks when you import your file.
- At the top of the screen, click the grey Exports button.
- If this is your first time exporting, on the top right, click the green New QuickBooks Export button.
- From the Dates section in the Start Export On, End Import On, and Shop fields, select your date range and shop.
- Click the Generate All Export Data button.
- From the left hand menu, review the data included in each section.
- If data is included in the Errors section, contact support for assistance.
- From the Export section, select the Export Verified checkbox.
- Click Export QuickBooks Data and save the .iif file to your desktop or downloads folder.
- Import your .iif file into your QuickBooks for Mac or Windows.