The Star TS143IV receipt printer connects directly to your computer with a USB cable.
What you need
To set up your printer, you need the following from your hardware shipment:
|Star TSP143IV USB receipt printer|
To set up your printer, you first need to install Lightspeed Hub on your computer. Lightspeed Hub is a desktop application that helps you to set up your hardware in fewer steps and guides you through the process. It also connects directly to Lightspeed Retail POS, bringing you a reliable connection to your hardware throughout your business day.
Once Lightspeed Hub is installed, connecting your printer to your computer with a USB cable involves the following steps:
- Connecting your printer
- Inserting a paper roll
- Connecting your printer to Hub
- Printing a test receipt
To connect your printer, you need its power cable and USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable to your printer and computer.
- Connect the power cable to your printer and an electrical outlet.
Turn on your printer.
The power LED light will become solid once your printer is ready.
2. Insert a paper roll
- To open the printer's cover, push the lever on the side of the cover away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the following orientation. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unroll.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
- On your computer, open Lightspeed Hub.
- Under Receipt printer, select Connect.
Note: You can only connect one printer to Hub at a time. To connect a new printer, select Forget this device to disconnect the printer that's currently connected.
- Select USB.
- Select Search for printers. After a few seconds, your printer will display in the list as Ready. If not, make sure it's connected to your computer and a power source correctly.
- Select Connect next to your printer.
Note: Note sure which is your printer? Select Print test print next to your printer. Otherwise, you can see your printer's serial number on the sticker underneath it.
Your printer will now display as Ready in both Hub and Retail POS.
4. Print a test receipt
The fastest way to print a test receipt is under Settings > Locations. Alternatively, you can print the receipt of a completed sale from the Totals report. If you don't have access to settings or reports, you can print a test receipt by making a sale and voiding it afterward (or asking a manager too).
- In Retail POS, go to Settings > Locations.
- Select Customize next to your location.
- In the submenu, select Receipt Setup.
- Select Print Preview.
Your printer will now print a test receipt, confirming it's connected to Retail POS and ready to use.
Have a cash drawer? Learn how to connect it to your receipt printer.