The Star TS143IV receipt printer connects directly to your computer with a USB cable.
What you'll need
We send you an email as soon as we ship your hardware. If you have further questions regarding your shipment, please contact the shipping carrier or contact Billing.
To set up your printer, you first need to install Lightspeed Hub on your computer. Lightspeed Hub is a desktop application that helps you to set up your hardware in fewer steps and guides you through the process. It also connects directly to Lightspeed Retail POS, bringing you a reliable connection to your hardware throughout your business day.
Connect your printer
To connect your printer, you need its power cable and USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable to your printer and computer.
- Connect the power cable to your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer.
The LED light will become solid once your printer is ready.
Insert a paper roll
- To open the printer's cover, push the lever on the side of the cover away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the apr roll in the following orientation. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unroll.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
Connect your printer to Hub
- On your computer, open Lightspeed Hub.
- Under Receipt printer, select Connect.
You can only connect one printer to Hub at a time. To connect a new printer, select Forget this device to disconnect the printer that's currently connected.
- Select USB.
- Select Search for printers. After a few seconds, your printer will display in the list as Ready. If not, make sure it's connected to your computer and a power source correctly.
- Select Connect next to your printer.
Not sure which is your printer? Select Print test print next to your printer. Otherwise, you can see your printer's serial number on the sticker underneath it.
Your printer will now display as Ready in both Hub and Retail POS.
Print a test receipt
The fastest way to print a test receipt is under Settings > Locations. Alternatively, you can print the receipt of a completed sale from the Total reports. If you don't have access to settings or reports, you can print a test receipt by making a sale and voiding it afterward (or asking a manager too).
- In Retail POS, go to Settings > Locations.
- Select Customize next to your location.
- In the submenu, select Receipt setup.
- Select Print preview.
Your printer will now print a test receipt, confirming it's connected to Retail POS and ready to use.
If you don't want to automatically print receipts after completing a sale or refund, go to Settings > General Options > General. Then, under Printing, select the Disable Receipt Auto Print Prompt checkbox.