You can customize your labels with Hub by configuring the advanced settings in your print modal. For example, you can print additional information such as brands, vendors or MSRP on your labels. Customizing your labels can help you identify items more easily than solely relying on the System ID, which prints on labels by default.
To customize your labels with Hub:
- Print a label or a label queue.
- In the print modal, select Advanced settings.
- Select a barcode type. This determines which value Hub prints for your barcodes. If an item in a label queue doesn't have information entered for the barcode type you select, Hub prints the System ID (default) for its barcode instead.
- System ID (default)
- Custom SKU
- Manufacturer SKU
Note: If you select custom SKU or manufacturer SKU, Hub only prints them as a value and not as barcodes for small and jewelry-sized labels. For this reason, if you want to have a barcode on your label, you must select the System ID of the item. To scan the barcode for small and jewelry-sized labels, go to Settings > General Options > Printing > Scan small labels checkbox.
- Select a barcode display option:
- Barcode and numbers
- Numbers, letters and special characters
- Barcode only
- To display the price of items on your labels, select the Price checkbox. Deselecting it removes the price of items from your labels.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Additional information you want to print on your labels. If you are printing a label queue and at least one of the additional information fields is filled on an item part of your queue, the option will be available on the drop-down menu. For the items that do not have the field filled, no information will print. Here are the options:
- None (Default)
- Vendor ID
- Custom SKU
- Manufacturer SKU
- Print today's date
- Matrix attributes
Note: If you want the MSRP of an item set as the default for your labels instead, go to Settings > Locations > Customize and select Show MSRP. If you do, this setting only applies to the location you selected. If you want to use this setting for other locations, repeat these steps. Please also note that the MSRP only prints on your labels if it's less than the value of the default price of your item.
- Select Print.
Your printer now prints your custom labels.
Want to undo your customizations?
Select Reset in the print modal to revert your advanced settings to default:
- System ID as the barcode type
- Barcode and numbers as the barcode display option
- Price checkbox selected
The Reset button is only visible if you've configured at least one of the advanced settings.
Need to customize your labels further?
Instead of using the advanced settings that Hub offers, you—or your developer—can customize the print template of your labels under Settings > Print templates. To use this print template, you need to set up your label printer in a way that relies on your web browser's print setting instead of Hub. Since browser updates can affect these print settings, we recommend customizing your labels with Hub. Hub isn't affected by browser updates and offers more stability.