This is step 2 in setting up local inventory ads, a feature which allows your store information and inventory to appear when customers search for local products with Google. If you have not completed step 1, visit this article here.
After you sync your Retail location to Google, you must sync your inventory. Syncing your inventory to Google allows your items to appear at the bottom of your Google My Business listing. When customers select your products, they will arrive at your Google My Business landing page.
If you already have an existing Google Merchant Center account, these instructions will create a new one.
To sync your items to Google, you must have at least 25 items in your inventory. Each item must meet the following requirements:
- A valid GTIN (a UPC or EAN product barcode)
- A quantity of at least 2 in stock
- A price of at least $1
- In your Retail account, select Marketing.
- Select Sync inventory.
- Lightspeed will prompt you to select a method for phone verification. This is a necessary step that confirms your business ownership. Click Verify phone number.
- SMS text is the default method, or you can select Receive code via phone call. You will receive a pin via your chosen method.
- Enter that PIN into your Lightspeed back office and click Next. You have 30 days to complete phone verification, or your items will not sync.
- Now, you can begin setting up your local inventory ads.
Once you sync your inventory, your products must be verified by Google. This can take up to seven days. When complete, your eligible products are displayed by location on the Google Merchant Center details page. Products are eligible when they have the correct barcode and when they conform to Google policies.