You can connect to Google services to help promote your physical location and it's products. Lightspeed provides a shortcut to the benefits of these Google services by taking care of the technical details.
You can access these services in your Retail account by selecting Marketing. You must connect each service in order.
- Sync your location to Google - Gives your Retail store a landing page on Google.
- Sync your inventory to Google - Adds in-store items to your landing page.
- Set up your local inventory ads - Advertises in-store items to potential local customers.
To get more items to Google, you can also Update barcodes.
Easier with Lightspeed
While it is possible to set up LIA and Merchant Center directly in Google, it’s now so much faster to use Lightspeed Retail.
- We’ve done the work to integrate with Google. This means you don’t need to manually send feeds of your inventory, Lightspeed Retail does it for you.
- We can vouch for you. When signing up to Google directly, they needed to verify your location. Since we know you, the approval process is now more streamline.
Google My Business
Displays your store details like name, address and opening hours in Google for free. Your details will appear in a Google business profile when your store appears in local search results. Even images uploaded to your store's location in Retail can be synced.
Google Merchant Center
Displays up to date product details in Google for free. Details like your item's price and availability will be shown to potential customers. Your items will appear in unpaid channels like Google Search and paid channels like Local inventory ads as seen below.
Local inventory ads
Provide a budget to reach more customers and drive more sales to your physical shop. This allows you to promote your items to local potential buyers. Then when they click on the add, they're directed to your store's location information. Unlike Smart Shopping Campaigns, the goal of Local Inventory Ads is to increase the visitors to your physical location. You can them monitor your campaign's performance from inside your Retail account.
Smart Shopping Campaigns is an ecommerce tool to advertise and sell your products online. It's not yet integrated with Lightspeed. If you have an eCom store connected to your Retail account, you can connect it manually using Google's instructions, with the help of custom feeds and Google Shopping.