In both Lightspeed Hub and Lightspeed Retail POS, you can know the status of your connected receipt printer at all times. At some point, your receipt printer will inevitably have the Low paper or Out of paper status. Once it does, simply change the paper roll in your receipt printer. To do so:
- Open the cover of your printer by pushing the lever or button on the right-hand side of the printer and lifting the cover upwards.
- Remove the paper roll that's currently inserted in your printer.
- Insert the new paper roll in the following orientation. This is important as the thermal side needs to face outwards for your receipts to print correctly. Otherwise, they'll be blank.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unroll.
- Push the cover down to snap it closed. Otherwise, your receipts won't feed properly.
Your printer should now have the Connected status in Hub and Retail POS and print receipts correctly again.