Google My Business displays store information like your business name, address, and operating hours in Google for free. When your store appears in local search results, these details are displayed in a convenient profile, so that your customers have the most accurate information about your location. Even product images uploaded to your Retail back office can be synced to your Google My Business profile.
Learn more about Le Trunkshop
Before syncing your location to Google My Business, confirm that your business information is correct:
- In your Retail back office, select Settings.
- Under GENERAL, select Locations.
- Select your location. Confirm that the information for BUSINESS LOCATION, CONTACT, and LOCATION HOURS is correct.
- Click Save changes at the top of the page.
Note: You must initiate the sync through your Retail back office. If you already created a Google My Business account through Google, these instructions will create a new one.
Once you’ve confirmed your location details, you’re ready to sync your Retail location to Google:
- In your Retail POS back office, select Marketing. If Marketing is missing from the sidebar, confirm that you have the required permissions to view that page.
- Select Sign in with Google.
- Sign in to Google using the same email address you used to create your Retail account. If you are not sure which email you used, check your back office settings.
- After you sign in to Google, you will be re-directed to your Retail back office. Click Get Started.
- The Google My Business module will open. There are three steps to complete.
- Confirm that your Google location listing matches your Lightspeed location information.
- Choose a business category.
- Select Sync next to your location's address.
Your Retail location is now synced to Google My Business. Next, sync your inventory to Google.
Manage your location (recommended)
After your Google My Business account is created and synced to your Retail back office, we recommend updating your location details. When your store appears in Google’s search results, these details are displayed in your Google My Business profile:
- To manage your location details, sign in to your Retail back office and select Marketing.
- On the right side of the page, next to Google My Business, click Manage locations.
- Locate the location in question and click the Manage location button.
- Configure your location settings and click Save changes. You can configure the following settings:
|SYNC STATUS||When the sync is turned off, your products no longer sync with Google Merchant Center and Google Ads. Before you can turn off the sync with Google, you need to disconnect Google My Business under Marketing > Manage Integrations.|
Update your business hours so your customers know when you'll be open. You can also add special hours for holidays or events.
|CONTACT||Add your business website and phone number.|
|CATEGORIES||Categories are retail categories, such as "Snack bar" or "Boutique". Categories improve your listing's Google ranking. You must choose from a set list of categories.|
|ATTRIBUTES||Let customers know what you offer at your business, such as wheelchair accessibility or gender-neutral restrooms.|
|IMAGES||Upload images of your business and your business logo. Images must be in JPG or PNG format.|