If you formatted your import file, import your items into your Lightspeed Retail POS inventory. To do so:
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Import Items.
- Read the import information on the Welcome to Item Imports modal and click Continue.
- Click + New Import.
- Under SELECT FILE, drag and drop your import file. Alternatively, click Browse and select your import file.
- From the Behavior drop-down, select Only create new Items.
- Click Continue. Your account will start reviewing your import file for formatting errors. If you have errors in your import file, please see Fixing errors in item import files.
- If you don't have errors in your import file, review the inventory data under IMPORT PREVIEW, QUANTITY IMPORT PREVIEW, and ITEM PREVIEW:
NEW ITEMS Number of items that will be created. UPDATED ITEMS Number of items that will be updated. NEW VENDORS Number of new vendors that will created. NEW BRANDS Number of new brands that will be created. NEW CATEGORIES Number of new categories that will be created. ITEMS WITH INVENTORY Number of new items that will be created and will have inventory to be added. TOTAL QUANTITY Total quantity of inventory that will be added to these new items. TOTAL COST Total cost of the inventory that will be added to these new items.
- Optionally, enter your email address in the email address field to be notified once your import is complete.
- If the inventory data looks correct, click Import Items. Your items will start importing and the Import Operation report will display once your import is done.
Congratulations! You should now have all your items in your Lightspeed Retail POS inventory. To make sure your inventory was imported correctly, we recommending reviewing it and scanning items under Inventory > Item Search.
If you didn't import the QOH and unit cost of your items and are ready to go live, you'll need to import them into a purchase order. For more information, please see Updating your quantity on hand before going live.