If you formatted your import file, import your items into your Lightspeed Retail POS inventory. To do so:
- From the main menu, click Inventory > Import Items.
- Read the import information on the Welcome to Item Imports modal and click Continue.
- Click + New Import.
- Under SELECT FILE, drag and drop your import file. Alternatively, click Browse and select your import file.
- Select the Create new items only import method.
- Optionally, include your email address to be notified once your import file is reviewed and your import is done.
- Under MAP COLUMNS, your Retail POS account will automatically map the columns in your import file that it recognizes as compatible with Lightspeed Retail. If you have invalid columns in your import file, select compatible columns from the drop-downs.
- Select the Skip checkbox of columns you don't need to import.
- Click Review import. Your account will start reviewing your import file for formatting errors.
Note: If you have errors in your import file, please see Fixing errors in item import files.
- Review the inventory data under REVIEW IMPORT and ITEM PREVIEW:
NEW ITEMS Number of items that will be created. UPDATED ITEMS Number of items that will be updated. NEW VENDORS Number of new vendors that will created. NEW BRANDS Number of new brands that will be created. NEW CATEGORIES Number of new categories that will be created. ITEMS WITH INVENTORY Number of new items that will be created and will have inventory to be added. TOTAL QUANTITY Total quantity of inventory that will be added to these new items. TOTAL COST Total cost of the inventory that will be added to these new items.
- If the inventory data looks correct, click Import items. Your items will start importing and the Import report will display once your import is done.
Congratulations! You should now have all your items in your Lightspeed Retail POS inventory. To make sure your inventory was imported correctly, we recommending reviewing it and scanning items under Inventory > Item Search.
If you didn't import the QOH and unit cost of your items and are ready to go live, you'll need to import them into a purchase order. For more information, please see Updating your quantity on hand before going live.