To apply discounts to a sale, you first need to create them ahead of time under Settings > Discounts. You can create two types of discounts:
- Fixed (e.g. $10.00 off)
- Percentage (e.g. 10% off)
Both can be applied to individual sale items. However, only percentage discounts can be applied to entire sales. Applying discounts will be covered in the Making a sale article of the guide.
To create a discount:
- From the main menu, select Settings > Discounts> + New Discount.
- From the Type drop-down, select either Percent or Fixed.
- Select Save Changes to display the settings for the type of discount you're creating.
- Enter a discount name.
- Enter the discount amount (e.g. 20% Off or $10.00 Off).
- Optionally, select Require Customer. This is helpful if you need to track which customers are given discounts in your reporting.
- Select Save Changes.