The Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner connects to your iPad via Bluetooth and allows you to scan your items wirelessly. It's compatible with 1D and 2D barcodes.
Because your barcode scanner is pre-configured for you before it's shipped, it should arrive paired to your iPad and connect to the Retail POS app without any setup. All you need to do is insert its battery, turn on the barcode scanner and open the Retail POS app to connect it. Before using it in your shop for the first time, we also recommend fully charging its battery.
What you'll need
To set up your barcode scanner, you need the take out the following from box 5 of your iPad bundle:
- Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner
- Micro USB cable
- Zebra's CS4070 Scanner Product Reference Guide
Zebra's CS4070 Scanner Product Reference Guide is helpful to have on hand in your shop if you want a paper copy of the Zebra barcodes included in the Help articles. You can also refer to it for more in-depth information about the CS4070 barcode scanner.
Connect your barcode scanner to the Retail POS app
- Insert the battery in the back of your barcode scanner.
- Press the scan (+) button to power on your barcode scanner.
- Open the Retail POS app. Your barcode scanner will display as connected at the top of the screen. It'll also be listed on the Profile screen under Devices.
Charge your barcode scanner
Before using your barcode scanner in your shop for the first time, fully charge its battery.
- Connect one end of the micro USB cable to the micro USB port at the bottom of the barcode scanner.
- Connect the other end of the micro USB cable to your computer's USB port.
To indicate that it's charging, the LED light at the top of the barcode scanner flashes amber. Once it's fully charged, the LED light turns solid green. If you click the battery level key, all four battery level LED lights also turn green.