This article explains how to:
- configure your Lightspeed Payments gateway, and
- set up your EMV-enabled Ingenico iPP320 payment terminal.
The main setup steps involved are:
- Connecting the Ingenico iPP320 to your network
- Configuring Lightspeed Payments in Lightspeed Retail
- Adding the Ingenico iPP320 in Lightspeed Retail
- Processing a test transaction with Lightspeed Payments
NOTE: Click here for instructions on how to set up the Ingenico iPP320 payment terminal for use with Lightspeed Payments on the Lightspeed Retail POS iPad app.
Before you begin
Before setting up your payment processing, please gather the following box contents and note the following gateway features:
Out of the box
- your Ingenico iPP320 terminal
- its connection cable
- its power adapter
- 3 screws (optional)
- Manually entering a customer's credit card is possible during a transaction via the Ingenico iPP320. For more information, please see our Manually processing credit cards with Lightspeed Payments article.
- If your customer's card has insufficient credit or funds to cover a payment, Lightspeed Retail will partially approve the payment and charge the maximum available amount on the card if Allow Partial Approvals is enabled in your Lightspeed Payments gateway settings. For more information, please see our Making a sale with Lightspeed Payments article.
- Removing a payment processed by Lightspeed Payments from an in progress sale will void it and refund your customer's debit or credit card. However, voiding a completed Lightspeed Payments sale will delete the sale and its associated payment from your reporting but it won't officially refund your customer's debit or credit card. To return items to inventory and officially refund your customer's card, we recommend refunding the Lightspeed Payments sale instead of voiding it.
1. Connecting the Ingenico iPP320 terminal to your network
To ensure that your terminal is successfully connected to your network and powered on, you'll need to assemble your terminal, connect it to your network's router and plug it in a power outlet.
- Place your iPP320 terminal face down in front of you.
- Connect the HDMI end of its connection cable to the HMDI port at the top of the terminal.
- Optionally, screw in 2 screws to secure the connection cable and 1 screw to secure the back cover of the terminal.
- Connect the ethernet end of the connection cable to an ethernet port on your network's router.
- Connect one end of the power adapter to the connection cable and the other end to a power outlet.
- After a few seconds, the terminal automatically powers on and an Activation Code displays on it's white idle screen.
If you have any more questions regarding connecting your terminal to your network, please contact our Retail Support team.
2. Configuring Lightspeed Payments in Lightspeed Retail
- Open your browser (Firefox or Chrome).
- Sign in to your Retail account.
- From the main menu, click Settings > Payment Processing.
- From the Lightspeed Payments banner, click Configure.
- Under SECURITY OPTIONS, enable Allow Credits if you want to be able to make a refund to a credit or debit card if a customer doesn't have a sales invoice.
NOTE: When you do this type of refund, you must swipe the card for the refund to take effect. Manually entering credit or debit card numbers isn't supported.
- Under ALLOW PARTIAL APPROVALS, enable Allow Partial Approvals if you want to be able to partially approve a payment and charge the maximum available amount if your customer's card has insufficient credit or funds to cover the full payment.
- Under CREDIT CARD MAPPING, for each of the credit and debit card types, select how the corresponding card type will appear on sales receipts and sales reports. For example, if you created a custom Visa payment type, selecting it from the drop-down list for Visa will mark all Visa sales as Visa.
NOTE: You'll continue to use the Credit/Debit button during a sale. Your terminal will automatically detect the kind of card used and register the sale in your system according to these mappings.
- Click Save Changes.
- Navigate to Settings > Shop Setup > select your shop > Credit Card.
- From the Payment Gateway drop-down menu, select the appropriate Lightspeed Payments gateway.
- Click Save Changes.
3. Adding the Ingenico iPP320 as the payment terminal in Lightspeed Retail
Lightspeed Retail is designed to save all the terminals that you've added to Lightspeed Payments in a shared list between your computers and iPads. This facilitates terminal setups in the future if you use Lightspeed Retail on multiple devices. If terminals are removed from your Lightspeed Retail account using your computers or the Retail Manager mode on your iPads, the list is updated on all your devices.
To add the Ingenico iPP320 terminal:
- Under SHOPS, click Add a Payment Terminal for the appropriate shop. A new window displays.
- Enter a name for the terminal.
- Enter the Activation Code displayed on the terminal's white idle screen.
- Click Add.
- If you have multiple terminals or you're a multi-store Retailer, repeat the above steps.
4. Processing a test transaction with Lightspeed Payments
- From the main menu, click Sales > New Sale.
- To add a miscellaneous charge, click the Misc menu button.
- Enter 0.05 in the Price field.
- Deselect the Tax checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Click Card.
- In the new Credit/Debit window, select your terminal.
NOTE: The register will default to the terminal you select for all subsequent payments or until you select a different terminal.
- Process a credit or debit card at your terminal.
- Click Finish Sale.
You're now ready to accept credit and debit card payments from your customers with Lightspeed Payments!
NOTE: To learn how to refund the test transaction, click here.
Along with paying for a sale with a credit or debit card, Lightspeed Payments supports many other payment features. We recommend you explore the articles below to familiarize yourself with them:
- To do a test transaction and learn how to view your payment details, see our Configuring payment processing article.
- To learn how to manually process credit cards with Lightspeed Payments, click here.
- To learn how to process refunds and exchanges, click here.
- To learn how to add deposits, refund deposits and make payments to customer accounts, click here.